TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
You need 4MM threads by 5/8" long and I found them in the Home Depot slide out drawers.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Last time I looked I could only find black steel ones, and they eventually rust, so I want Stainless. I'll have to check another store.
You are 100% correct. Some stores like the Home Depot do a lousy job of keeping the slide drawer inventory updated. In my local store I did find 3 in SS that were 4 MM and 5/8" long but had to cut down another that was 1" long because these drawers are usually near empty of the stainless fasteners. I do also think that all stores do not carry the same inventory. A Home Depot near a lake would likely have more SS fasteners than one far away from any marine environment. I have 2 HDs near me and 2 Lowes and 2 Tractor Supply stores so I can usually find what I need if I need it bad enough to drive to 3 different towns. We have a new Tractor supply store over in Milford, PA and that place so far has been very impressive with maintaining inventory of fasteners. I also had a good Ace Hardware store but lately they have been slacking on this stuff. We would think in this day and age of computer generated inventories when they sell 4 screws of a particular size the computer should know to order in more. I know for a fact that Home Depot has outside inventory control workers who are often in the isles with their little hand held UPC readers and I spoke with one a while back complaining that who ever is in charge of keeping the slide out drawers stocked is doing a lousy job. He went right to the drawers and I showed him how empty they were and he called his boss right there to report it. A week later I went back and most of the drawers were re stocked. Between Kayaks, boats, motorcycles, trailers and ATVs I buy a lot of SS fasteners all the time.

GaryL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts