TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks I did this on my older tw with my friend. I need to adjust my brand new 2014 it only has 125 miles on it the dealer never a dusted it right.. shouldn't take longer then 10 min's to do?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Great info! Thats how I do mine Croatoan...
I have an area rug in my garage. I put one of those large plastic furniture sliders under the rear tire when I adust mine. This helps the tire move into place on the snails. Tighten axle nut to 65 ft. Lbs
Dont forget to adjust the free play for rear brake after adjustment is completed

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have no video..! But i have experimented for a while now..!
The center point to measure slack will be the middle of black chain guard plastic as shown in the manual..!

As per my understanding of the chain tension, chain will be 1/2 inch away from the swing arm at its highest possible point when properly adjusted..! (measured at the centre point)
When the chain comes stretched and comes 1/4 inch close to swing arm(nearly touching the swing arm) I re-adjust..! ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no video..! But i have experimented for a while now..!
The center point to measure slack will be the middle of black chain guard plastic as shown in the manual..!

As per my understanding of the chain tension, chain will be 1/2 inch away from the swing arm at its highest possible point when properly adjusted..! (measured at the centre point)
When the chain comes stretched and comes 1/4 inch close to swing arm(nearly touching the swing arm) I re-adjust..! ;)
Thanks how long does it take to adjust it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks how long does it take to adjust it?
yeah 10 mins maximum..!

you just have to loosen the rear brake arm nut, loosen the axle nut, adjust as needed and re-tighten the nuts..!
Make sure to re-adjust the rear brake light indicator if needed..! And double-check axle is properly aligned with the same snail marks on the both sides..!
All those are very well explained in the manual..! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts