TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not 100% but it looks like a Trail Tech piece. Or at least a product they support?

http://trailtech.net/motorcycle_lights.html

EDIT to my post haha

THAT until I looked at them closer and noticed even the link I posted is still not the same light system. CLOSE but not the same

EDIT EDIT EDIT post

AH HA flea bay had it! I knew I had seen it somewhere!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-YAMAHA-SUZUKI-KAWASAKI-STREETFIGHTER-BLACK-HALOGEN-HEADLIGHT-LAMP-FAIRING-/251158732874?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7a3a204a&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
TTR230 tank and shrouds, DRZ(?) rear fender, XT600(?) side plastic?.

I don't quite grasp the concept of the plastics half way up the sides of the seat, but, hey...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I contemplated those already but for Trail Tech ouch on the wallet and flea bay I didn't want to make a project out of something I buy brand new. What I mean is, those lights seem kinda dinky and well I'm sure it can be fab'd up nice but gosh I don't want to end up sinking in what I could have payed for the Trail Tech version. I originally was going to go for that but decided I'd to avoid the hassle and I'd go with a Jimbo windscreen and a HID conversion and see how that turned out!

But if you go for it and it works out I'd love to see how it turns out! I'd be interested in doing similar haha I just didn't want my dollars and time to go to being the guinea pig on this one hahaha

·
Registered
794 Posts
everybody's wrong. Its a TW200 tank and only 1 company makes it. I just can't remember which one. It came out like 6 years ago I think. Sorry I can't find it at all. I remember it being called TW motocross something. I went to the Japanese yahoo and no luck.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
everybody's wrong. Its a TW200 tank and only 1 company makes it. I just can't remember which one. It came out like 6 years ago I think. Sorry I can't find it at all. I remember it being called TW motocross something. I went to the Japanese yahoo and no luck.
I believe it was their 125 model with under a gallon tank or something..

·
Registered
794 Posts
I believe it was their 125 model with under a gallon tank or something..
Nope it was a TW200. I remember seeing it when it first came out in burning custom magazine and there actually was a entire kit for it not like this. Front fender,fairing,tank and side covers and rear fender I think it had a seat too. It was way over priced. Remember the TW boom has been long gone in Japan for sometime now.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I found it!!! Its not what you think either! Its a slip on cover!! and Expensive!!! Like real expensive!!!! Like $364.20 without shipping. Its basically a cover that goes over the stock tank. All fiberglass. So basically you get some fender shrouds you like and have a shop fabricate a cover that integrates the shrouds into it. It would be alot less than $3664.20

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Who is the tall handsome buy in the background with his hands on his hips? I heard Robert Redford's stunt double went on a ride with you that day

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is anyone aware of a build thread or more info on this bike?

from here: image site

It appears they used plastics from a more modern motorcycle, any idea what???

Thanks

Don't know if it's just me, but the whole presentation makes the bike look like a Chinese knockoff. Mostly the headlight and the bizarre seat plastics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts