TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so use to knowing good mechanic's in Maryland and now my daughters are a world away in Hawaii. Nicole's Honda Fit is making a ticking sound so she took it to a Honda Dealer for a diagnosis check. They charged her $150 and gave her this estimate. I find it hard to believe when her AC is working. I just don't trust dealers.

IMG_5908.JPG

I'm hoping someone here knows a good and trustworthy mechanic in Honolulu.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I trust dealers of any kind of motor vehicle like I trust politicians! Hopefully she can find an independent mechanic that knows Hondas. Maybe there is a Honda forum that could give her some advice.

Good idea thanks Brian

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Mr.P is on the island of Hawai'i while Top's girl is on O'ahu. Honolulu is worlds away from the Big Island on so many levels that I would be surprised if Phelonius has info on metropolis's Honda shops.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
The dealer's quote seems outrageous when new A/C compressors for the Fit run ~$150 to $350 on the open market. depending on year. Since A/C is still blowing cold issue could simply be A/C compressor clutch bearing. Spray lube can often make noise go away. I would have Nicole contact independent A/C repair shop, or Honolulu Craigslist for a private mechanic. Check with YELP for reviews.
Have her or you call someone like this Honolulu A/C repair service:Air condition not blowing cold?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Don't we have a map somewhere on here that shows where our members are??? Supachip is in HI, IIRC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts