TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to plug it and dont have a caliper yet. Want to see if I can find a O-ring plug that will work online.

Also, anyone hammered in a freezeplug, was wondering how easy the case would shatter.

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Never heard of someone getting rid of their starter...why?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of someone getting rid of their starter...why?
Making a no frills street dub. Dropping electric start and making a new harness sans safety switches and excess. Fabbing a storage canister for where the starter motor sits and selling the starter motor to buy other goodies.

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Ok, that explains that. ;) Please post pics when you are done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Old Thread !!!!
Sorry to bring up the past but I am looking to ditch the starter. Did anyone get a plug to fit the starter hole?

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
20,466 Posts
You could try sending IBXR a PM as he has a TW where he removed the starter and another 30 pounds of stuff. I did not pay attention to the starter detail on his very stripped down TW. It may have been as simple as an automotive freeze plug.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok I just finished the starter delete. Went to autozone and got an expandable 1"- 1-1/8" rubber plug. Had to find different washers and a different bolt so for $4.24 including tax I got a piece of rubber that did the job. Removed the starter gear and ground wire as well as the + from the battery. Also took out the neutral wire while I was in there. Put it all together with a new gasket and started it up first kick. I am sure the mod is good for at LEAST 25% rear wheel HP gain plus no unsightly extra wires!

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
338 Posts
You could try sending IBXR a PM as he has a TW where he removed the starter and another 30 pounds of stuff. I did not pay attention to the starter detail on his very stripped down TW. It may have been as simple as an automotive freeze plug.
Fred your memory is very sharp.....I did use a rubber expanding freeze plug. I thought it was going to be a temporary solution....2+ years later....no leaks or problems! I will be watching this post for a better solution, but so far so good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts