TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bracket is on the front of the DRZ I just got. It's mounted between the lower triple and the fender. What you see is a white paper towel under it so it stands out against the black front fender.

Picture will be here in a minute from my phone.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possibly, but the bike is so pristine I can't imagine the guy removing them. He had a few bonus items, harmonic bar balancers, the Fisher seat, the mirror externders and the grip puppies...all left on the bike. I really have no idea, but it seems an odd bracket and I don't think they are on stock bikes...but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
One of Pirates DRZ's has it on, the other it is removed, want to take a guess at which looks better? If not I have to walk back up the block and take pictures.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He has two DRZs Jim? No mistaking he's related to you. :D Nah, don't take the hike, I'm gonna guess the one without that pressed steel ornament looks better.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Kurt, I found a 2003 Kawasaki KLX 400 in absolutely mint condition for a song. As you know, that is a DRZ in Kawasaki dress that year. Right now it is a little tough to get another motorcycle purchase approved through the war department, so I let Pirate grab it. He is going to sell his very abused DR soon.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kurt, I found a 2003 Kawasaki KLX 400 in absolutely mint condition for a song. As you know, that is a DRZ in Kawasaki dress that year. Right now it is a little tough to get another motorcycle purchase approved through the war department, so I let Pirate grab it. He is going to sell his very abused DR soon.
Good going. I found the 2012 for way below value myself. Granted I had to drive from the Indiana/Ohio border to north of Milwaukee to get it, but it only had 1400 miles on it, tires still showed nubbies on the outsides. Literally looked new. My impression was it had never seen dirt. Beautiful Fisher wide seat and a few other add-ons. Irresistible. My war department was also unimpressed by this fantastic find, especially coming on the heels of a new KLR purchase and Jesse panniers. However I successfully pointed out I could have bought another GS instead of the KLR, and the two bikes together would still not equal half the cost of the GS. I'm laying low now though, because at some point those new Africa Twins are going to hit the local dealerships and I am very afraid I'm going to want one. :D

Besides, my stock is trading low at the moment. This morning's announcement that I had found a mint Super Sherpa close by resulted in me making my own coffee and toast.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
B that is for the reflectors and would make a great mount for axillary lights.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Some states that have safety inspections require the reflectors. and good for street parking.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
This is what you need on the fender a brace to hold the wolf bag with tire tools and you use that bracket to help hold the bag. 12193211_10206534197505759_835104914_o.jpg 12192769_10206534202105874_1978250167_o.jpg

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts