TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Motorcycle Show Saturday and sat on the BMW F700 GS. I've never really looked at them before but I tell you it is impressive. I also sat on the new Ducati Scrambler the Pictures are in the thread Motorcycle Shows. I would have to test ride both of them to decide but that Scrambler sure is Sexy.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are both motorcycles I keep wondering if I need. :D
I would like to own a second bike more designed for the street. A lot of my friends are planning long rides this year and my TW screams at 65-70.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah, planning ancrossciuntry bike trip again. I want something with better wind protection and speed. When i rode my TW in TX a few years ago, people were passing me at 80-90 mph on the highway

·
Registered
297 Posts
I like the GS, but that KLR new edition in white makes a whole lot more sense -$ wise (for me). But, you never should have sat on that one at the show!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I would like to own a second bike more designed for the street. A lot of my friends are planning long rides this year and my TW screams at 65-70.
For the longer trips, IMO, the F700 GS would be a better choice over the Ducati....although both are on my short list for my next bike.

For more info on the F700 GS check the F800 Riders Forum... there's a section for the F700's.

BMW F800 Riders Forum & Registry

jb

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If any of you guys do end up getting the Scrambler, do yourselves a favor and get the off road spec version with the skid plate and wire spoke wheels. It'll be way better off road and just as competent on the street.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How about that Triumph Tiger Explorer? That thing is pretty nice looking. I know nothing about modern Triumph bikes, but they had a military green Tiger with all the bells and whistles at the dealer where I got the TW and it was a beautiful piece of machinery. Shaft drive with a 1200 power plant.

·
Registered
976 Posts
How about that Triumph Tiger Explorer? That thing is pretty nice looking. I know nothing about modern Triumph bikes, but they had a military green Tiger with all the bells and whistles at the dealer where I got the TW and it was a beautiful piece of machinery. Shaft drive with a 1200 power plant.
If you're looking for a street-oriented bike with decent off-pavement chops, you could do a lot worse than a TEX.

I'd take my TEX anywhere off-pavement that I'd think about taking an F700, and it's a hell of a lot more bike for not too much more weight or money. Around here at least, Bimmers sell for more than MSRP but Triumphs can be had for thousands less.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The main thing I liked about the F700 is the seat height of 30.1 and I'm flat footed on the saddle. The KLR 650 has a seat height of 35 which is to high for me when riding trails.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you're looking for a street-oriented bike with decent off-pavement chops, you could do a lot worse than a TEX.

I'd take my TEX anywhere off-pavement that I'd think about taking an F700, and it's a hell of a lot more bike for not too much more weight or money. Around here at least, Bimmers sell for more than MSRP but Triumphs can be had for thousands less.

What is a TEX?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Triumph are making solid, reliable bikes these days. I'm a huge fan of the Tiger 800XC (XCX for 2015).

http://www.motorrad-bilder.at/slideshows/291/011936/Triumph_tiger_800_xcx_2015_23.jpg Notice the factory-standard skid plate and crash bars!

Also my brother just bought an 02 Triumph Sprint 955i. Pretty bad ass triple that pulls strongly from 3k to 10k RPM!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts