TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Anyone own a BMW F700GS

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  kj7687 
#1 ·
I went to the Motorcycle Show Saturday and sat on the BMW F700 GS. I've never really looked at them before but I tell you it is impressive. I also sat on the new Ducati Scrambler the Pictures are in the thread Motorcycle Shows. I would have to test ride both of them to decide but that Scrambler sure is Sexy.

Reactions: Leisure Time Larry
#3 ·
I would like to own a second bike more designed for the street. A lot of my friends are planning long rides this year and my TW screams at 65-70.

#7 ·
If any of you guys do end up getting the Scrambler, do yourselves a favor and get the off road spec version with the skid plate and wire spoke wheels. It'll be way better off road and just as competent on the street.

This post has been deleted
#8 ·
How about that Triumph Tiger Explorer? That thing is pretty nice looking. I know nothing about modern Triumph bikes, but they had a military green Tiger with all the bells and whistles at the dealer where I got the TW and it was a beautiful piece of machinery. Shaft drive with a 1200 power plant.

#9 ·
If you're looking for a street-oriented bike with decent off-pavement chops, you could do a lot worse than a TEX.

I'd take my TEX anywhere off-pavement that I'd think about taking an F700, and it's a hell of a lot more bike for not too much more weight or money. Around here at least, Bimmers sell for more than MSRP but Triumphs can be had for thousands less.

#10 ·
The main thing I liked about the F700 is the seat height of 30.1 and I'm flat footed on the saddle. The KLR 650 has a seat height of 35 which is to high for me when riding trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.