TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an idea, which will become a plan, which should become an actual trip.

HATFIELD McCOY trail system in West Virginia! About 9-10 hours from me, so I think I may be able to drive there in one shot if I leave very early in the morning.

I was wondering if any TW200 riders have done the trails, or even if they have done them on another bike. I understand that it's very ATV friendly (a lot of quads and side-by-sides) but their are trails which are more dirt bike oriented. From video, it's not always clear if the trails are exceedingly difficult, average, novice??

I'm sure I could easily find a campground somewhere near a trail head, and figure it out after hitting the visitor center for maps/directions.

I'm wondering if any TW200 forum guys are around that area? Right now, I am not decided on a date. But it will be when weather is good, not broiling, humid, or too cold.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Piles of times.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great place to go on atv or tw. There are places to ride for all experience levels.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a few folders of info here at home, including Hatfield McCoy. Trying to get maps and descriptions of trails, watching videos, taking notes, weather conditions for time of year, and making lists. I also have some info for New Brunswick Canada, and Colorado, and Utah.

Eventually I need to make my way all the way out West to California, Idaho, Oregon Washington, and BC Canada. That might take over a month or two of travel, perhaps next year.

But ideally, I would like to find a local leader who knows their trails systems well enough to do a few rides. I'll buy the beer!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Still in the process of getting my TW roadworthy, but we have been looking at property in WV (around Charleston area) so I am curious to see what you find out. I hope to have the bike right soon and take it with me when I go back there. I haven't done any trail riding in YEARS but it was always my favorite thing to do when I was growing up. I would love to hear about trails up that way and if I can get my act together possibly meet up with some experienced folks that didn't mind a rookie tagging along.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts