TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
2.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Has anyone tried a universal ATV windshield on their TW200? I like the fact that it is larger and even shields the hands.

I love the look of the Jimbo shield but would like a lot more protection. I ride a lot on the road at night and bugs constantly cover me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scotty

·
Registered
13,784 Posts
I too have wondered if an ATV Shield would work. The only ATV shield I have seen in person seemed rather thin and flexible compared to a motorcycle specific windscreen but I suppose there are different models and strengths of ATV Shields. The ATV Shield you show looks like it's strong enough to work. If someone is using an ATV Shield I don't remember it being reported here on the forum but there is so much info here it's easy to forget.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
I'm a huge sail on my bike, a windshield would be nothing!!! :p
My only concern would be how much of a sail it would be in a cross wind. Particularly a gusting situation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had/have a pretty big shield on my DRZ 400 and I loved it until it got dirty. It didn't matter where the sun was in the sky, as long as it hit the shield I couldn't see thru it very well...especially right in front when I was off road. I used a cloth to "dust it off" which eventually scratched the shield and it went in the trash. Little short shield I can see over works much better for me.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Those are fine for on-road use but you have to watch out off-road, especially if you stand up, that you don't catch the top edge of it on your face or your neck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts