TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I was thinking these might work rather well. The large one is $39 and the small one is $19. They also stack and lock to each other. Water tight seal on lid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That looks like a real winner to me! Any chance you could get another picture of the large box from the side maybe 15 feet from the bike? Please :angel5:

Tom

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
That picture will do nicely. Thank you. Just trying to decide if that is too tall for everyday use. I really like the "Pro Box" for everyday use then maybe the smaller box on top for a weekend getaway. Nice find!

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
That picture will do nicely. Thank you. Just trying to decide if that is too tall for everyday use. I really like the "Pro Box" for everyday use then maybe the smaller box on top for a weekend getaway. Nice find!

Tom
Looks Perfect for your parts and tools Tom.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I saw those at HD and thought they might be good you acted on it nicely done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking these might work rather well. The large one is $39 and the small one is $19. They also stack and lock to each other. Water tight seal on lid.

Correction, the small one is $29, they have an open crate that fits the system for $19.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the small on on mine. Got the milk crate too, clips right on top. Box not as beefy as a Pelican box but plenty strong and a fraction of the price. They are made in Israel not China which is nice. I mounted it with conduit clamps just a couple rows over at HD.

View attachment 87305

View attachment 87313
Nice! I was thinking of doing exactly that, small case and crate on top if needed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Most rack only take 5Kg and the box looks like it weight 5kg empty.
How much weight can the cycle rack take?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Looks good. Lower the better. I had a few hard boxes and a milk crate for a short while. It worked well for town and gravel roads but when I was gettin wild on that bike I got hit pretty hard in the back a couple times. Needles to say it wasn't for me. Now I use a wolfman dry bag pannier sideways on the top of my rack. Carries all I need for the day and soft if I do contact it, but I do miss the convenience of a box.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts