TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Wondering if this would work. Check out the pics in this link.

15mm Kick Start Starter Lever 150cc 200cc 250cc PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike XU
I can't say yes or no until I get a better look at the kick boss part that goes on the splinned shaft of the TW. That boss must be longer so the lever clears the frame of our bikes. Just because the boss fits the splines does not mean it will work. A kick lever for an XT 225 or 250 fits but does not work because it is too short to clear our wider frames. You can however change the boss on the XT lever and good to go.

GaryL

Reactions: Purple and Fred

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
The TW specific boss Gary mentions is mandatory. Lever itself might be adaptable but without the correct boss it will not work on a TW.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
It is not at all about the lever which is probably fine. The TW is a one of a kind bike being wider than all others in the rear frame for the wider tires. The lever swivels on the splined boss that goes on the shaft. If the boss is not long then it will not work. I think the correct boss for the TW sells for around $35 so if you can buy this kicker and the right Yamaha boss can fit on it then it will work. I highly doubt it but would have to have one of these here just so I could see if the correct boss can be fitted to it. There are pictures on this forum of the side by side images of the 2 different bosses. The TW one is about an inch longer than the standard one on this lever. Even if this one fits on our shaft perfect it will not get the lever out far enough to clear our frames.

GaryL

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand that the boss is thicker than normal bikes but I thought someone may have actually tried the one I posted. Too bad it doesnt give the dimensions on the boss thickness.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
For under $20 with shipping I would give it a shot and get the correct boss from Partzilla or some other supplier. If it fits you saved a bunch. I think a complete kick lever with the TW boss is over $75

GaryL

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A man could buy two of these and weld the bosses together and that would get you out past the frame and you would still save money that way. You could actually do that with any bosses that would fit. I found that the one from my rt180 fits on the shaft just fine but obviously it doesn't clear the frame

1 - 11 of 11 Posts