TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know.....one of those things you stick in your fuel tank to filter out any debris from the pump or can.

I am going to do the inline filter...but want the cleanest fuel i can get to the carb.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Phelonius, you funny! I haven't tried it, but agree about getting the cleanest fuel to your carb. However, I don't think you will introduce debris into your fuel tank just by pumping it through the nozzle. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
736 Posts
speaking of debris..I dumped the old fuel out of my tank today so I could add new stuff. I used the siphon hose first, but then when I used my little hand pump the first hose full was full of crud. I had cleaned the tank last year, guess I will have to POR it now. petcock is leaking too, ordered a new one from Babbitts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Sad thing is you do get debris straight out the nozzle. Look inside your plastic gas can some time. I am happy with my Kreem tank liner which pretty much prevents all rust and an inline filter. There is a filter on top of the petcock already so I don't think an additional fuel sock would help much.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
OMG Roseburg you definitely need help. Lol. I thought I worried a lot :p

Reactions: Ken and littletommy

·
Registered
343 Posts
I installed the little 90-degree fuel filter, and carry a spare one and a foot of fuel line with me in case they both fall apart or something out in the trail....
The screen will catch any big crap (and unless you're fueling from some sketchy places, how much crap will there actually be?), and the filter will trap the fine nasties.
The filters are clear so you'd see if you had a crud problem. The 90-degree fuel filters are dirt cheap. (see what I did there?....dirt....cheap....)
My ATV was a 650 twin with dual carbs, and it got fueled from some odd places in 12,000kms of riding and even not having any filter it never had a carb hiccup.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not sure where you get the petcock screens, all the petcock rebuild kits I have seen only come with the rubber/O-rings. Guess you can just buy aftermarket cheap/new petcocks and they will come with new screens? I just use a inline filter, works good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts