TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they may be a reasonable route to go. Be nice to hear some reports on how well they work.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have not tried them yet, but I am very interested in them. I hope someone writes, because I love my cyclerack.

·
Registered
503 Posts
for a few dollars more, I can more than double your load capacity. TIM

·
Registered
2,093 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread but I really like mine. I have a double Kolpin fuel can setup on one and a Pelican case on the other. I've been using it for commuting the last couple weeks and having a ball with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have them and find they work fine. It's a little wide. I'd suggest a solid crossmember setup instead of the strap.

I really like the fact that they are locked on when I have my top case in place.

--
Richard (a.k.a. LiquidSilver)

91 TW200 / 03 VRSCA / 05 Polaris Sportsman 500 / Honda Helix CN250

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
i have a cycle rack and it is an awesome rack, and they have great customer service. however i also can vouch for tinman tim's work. i bought his panniers, i put 2000 miles on his and they worked great. he also was a big help and went above and beyond to get me set up.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Old resurrection, but has anyone actually used the Cyclerack panniers they sell?

These guys?

They're expensive, but I'm considering. They're other stuff is good, and I don't mind paying if they're going to last forever.

·
Registered
503 Posts
you said it. They're expensive, and in my opinion small. You're $, spend it how you want

·
Registered
553 Posts
you said it. They're expensive, and in my opinion small. You're $, spend it how you want
According to their website, they have a lifetime warranty which is pretty good for a set of panniers. I've holed a few cheapies over the years, and now want quality soft bags.

Compared to soft bags from Andy Strapz, Giant Loop etc they're actually cheap.

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thanks, goldenhtr.

I ordered them - the price seems too good to be true!

However, I ordered them a few days ago now and they still haven't been shipped; was shipping quick for you? I've tried calling for days, left them a message etc though haven't heard anything from them. Liquidation sale, perhaps?

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Thanks, goldenhtr.

I ordered them - the price seems too good to be true!

However, I ordered them a few days ago now and they still haven't been shipped; was shipping quick for you? I've tried calling for days, left them a message etc though haven't heard anything from them. Liquidation sale, perhaps?
Don't really remember how long it took. But they are worth alot more than they are asking. Great price! Did you get the VP-100? They fit great with the cyclerack.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Before Turborob and Kath arrived at my place for their USA ride they drop shipped a number of parts to my home. A new Cyclerack for one bike and a set of panniers. Once again the folks at Cycleracks stepped up to the plate and hit a home run. The panniers were on back order but they took a personal pair off one of their own bikes and got them too my house in a few days and just before Rob and Kath arrived.

They were using the Wolfman bags for their travels and the panniers worked great IMO. I did have to put a slight down bend as they tend to flare out a bit far but this was a simple tweak.

As Turborob just mentioned, few companies are willing to go above and beyond when you order their products. When on a tight schedule and you need the parts post haste it is very difficult to move any of these suppliers to care and get off their rears. This is not the case with Cycleracks, they will jump through hoops for us and that is a major plus in my book.

I do hope the new bags will get there to where ever you had them shipped to. It is always a good idea when ordering to ask if the item is in stock and ready for immediate shipping. Stadium Yamaha usually has to order the parts in from their supplier and then get them shipped back out to you. This takes a couple weeks, ask me how I know!

GaryL

·
Registered
553 Posts
Turns out a lightening strike killed their computer systems and communications for a few days. They then express posted them, which was great service.

Have them (VP100) now, bought a couple of plastic bins (which cost more than the panniers!), sawed off the tops (then taped the rough edges) and we're in business. See how they handle a few months on the road......:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Self update - bags have lasted a few days. Have had to tape bottoms as two days resting on the passenger footpegs has holed them. Cut up a gallon of milk, and taped that to the bottom to stop further holes.

Dust proof, when pull-string is pulled. Still yet to test waterproofness, but we have the feeling that if they're strapped on well, they should last.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts