TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Heck yes! Just the idea of a silent dirt bike is great... Fisherman, hunters and nature photographer's could all use one.

Love it.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
Special Forces may eventually get something like this, the Silent Hawk prototypes are not currently slated for production nor deployment. Currently they are just another DARPA research program which provides funding for a collaboration between Alta and Logos Technologies.
Deployment would also depend on the troops on the pointed end of the stick accepting taking these 350 lb marvels on insertion missions. I could anticipate concerns that if enemy is close enough to hear you they are close enough to pick vulnerable riders off with small arms fire. No provisions for extracting casualties could also be a concern; our troops don’t like to leave anyone behind.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was researching quiet bikes before I got my TW and found this. I'm very interested in it. Of course, you can buy a Zero right now if you don't care about gasoline. I'll get one when there is a significant improvement in battery technology.

·
Registered
634 Posts
SF already has dirtbikes and ATVs at their disposal. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this got fielded, assuming it meets their actual needs.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I noticed the Christini setup right away. 350 lbs is hefty but worth it for all the bells and whistles....What surprises me is they worry about belt drive, have they never heard of an AG bike that uses an enclosed chain case? Surely it wouldn't be that hard to enclose a belt drive? I wonder how heavy the electric drive is? If it can do 80mph on E-drive then it must be at least 30lbs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts