TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys it looks like the last weekend in June the 29-30 I will be in Apple Valley. I will be bringing my TW for a little ride, if anyone would like to do a breakfast or lunch ride let me know. We can ride around Apple Valley or I can truck it up to Arrowhead or Big Bear. I am looking to do some fire roads nothing hard core.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I believe I can still make it if school schedule permits. Something like Pilot Rock like Lzrdbrth suggested should be really nice. You wouldn't even have to truck it to the trail head if you didn't want to. It does sound like a good day of fun!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great if you could make it, I am hoping someone will be going that knows the way
A handful of TWs would make for a fun ride.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So, has a meeting place been designated yet? I know you said we are meeting around 7 or 8 AM. Also I wanted to give this a bump in case anyone else wants to join in. HINT HINT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anybody go on this? What about the fire? I was up at the ranger station last week and rode to Big Bear on the trails. A lot of fun on the TW. By the way, there were 3 of us on TWs.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I met up with lizrdbrth & Splinter on Saturday at the Summit Inn, thank you guys for showing me around.
DSCN3451-M.jpg
Then on to the dirt.
DSCN3452-M.jpg
These are great riding areas with the best views.
DSCN3458-M.jpg

DSCN3467-M.jpg
lizrdbrth is a great guide, he always showed us the way.
DSCN3457-M.jpg

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DSCN3468-M.jpg
Silverwood Lake
DSCN3475-M.jpg
DSCN3477-M.jpg
Getting closer
DSCN3478-M.jpg
Back on the street for the ride back to the house
DSCN3479-M.jpg
We did about 80 miles.
Looking forward to going back.
I had a lot of fun, and got to ride with some great guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking forward to being able to go on the next.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Not bad for what was just gunna be a "quickie". As it turned out we spent the better part of the morning/early afternoon together.

It was a balmy 105-110 degrees at my home 20 just a handful of miles away but a couple of thousand feet below. Downright decent up high.

My pics sukt, as usual. I've nothing of value to add there. Good day in good company. Looking forward to doing something of an epic nature with Splinter in the near future.

And yes, Toyanvil's cheesy rack, skid bars and all his other mods look just as tight, well thought out and professionally made as they do in pics. But I liked him, anyway.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looking forward to being able to go on the next.
Nozzledog what the heck, you now have a TDub! How cool. When I saw your screen name I thought, no way is it the Victory Nozzledog, and sure enough. Wow... So, we've got to get together and ride. I love my TDub and my Victory! JS5owner (aka Jeff)

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Nozzledog,

Locals include Jeff, Splinter, Bullspit and myself, among others. Never hurts to give a shout, even on short notice. Odds are that one or more of us will be able to go.

If you're looking to see what your new toy will do offroad a quick lap of Cleghorn Road from the 15 to Silverwood and back is good for the bones without being too far from civilization. Actually anything up in the pass is pretty good for that as long as you know where you are at all times. lol. Rt. 66 will get you to the trailhead of a lot of them pretty directly from your area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All Right!!! Just getting it set up.
Got the Cyclerack,
Got lever guards,
DMO pegs ordered,
Rotopax & GPS transfered from VNess.

Still need ,
2" handlebar riser,
better bashguard,
more time off from work.

Would like to have,
Oil cooler,
Off road clothing,
Off road helmet.

Jeff, thanks for the mule-hitch-pin mod. That was the first thing I did.
Good luck on your world record attempt next week. If you think you're going to be short, let me know, I may be able to come.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
looks like a nice morning ride, but where's the trees?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
We aren't cursed by pesky trees blocking our view on this side of the mountain:D. If you hold yer mouth just right you can see Arizona from up there. Saves gas, and we can keep an eye on them. lol.

Actually almost our entire day was spent between 4,000 and 6,000 feet, in the transitional zone between between joshua tree woodland and the pines. Not much for trees at that level on this side of the mountain but scrub oaks and the occasional Fremontia Cottonwood. Different greenery than yours but it more closely resembles a desert version of your coastal chapparal. Sage, manzanita low-growing yucca, etc.

At the same elevations on the south slope it's wall-to-wall pines. I fear pines. Clowns hide in them.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Sneaky bastitz....

That there wuz funny. Love my new shoes. lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts