TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the April Bike of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your bike. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I was confused too. I thought it might be a great "ride" that someone went on.
Then I read #7 and figured out this was borrowed from a car club and realized that "ride" meant your car etc.; as in "that's a sweet ride"
He changed the title to "Bike OTM" to delineate it from cars; but the text stayed with the car club wording.

·
Registered
21,501 Posts
I don't have a second car but I have a second truck that meets the above criteria. Can I enter it?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I don't have a second car but I have a second truck that meets the above criteria. Can I enter it?
How about ACVOTM?

Marty

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for catching the edits I missed. Changed the words to the right ones

Kevin

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
An Admin?! I didn't know this site had an Admin. What other lurkers are there behind the scenes?

I guess I'll have to take 3 photos of my bike. Can't list the mods since probably very few of them meet DOT regulations.

·
Super Moderator
6,040 Posts
An Admin?! I didn't know this site had an Admin. What other lurkers are there behind the scenes?
Oh, this site has a whole team of them

They creep up on you like a TW31, and before you know it – wallop – you find yourself in the middle of a competition that anyone here could win standing on their head (in fact, as a qualifier, I’d like to see that)

The “Grand Prize” of “Premium Membership” is not to be sniffed at – it will put you into an exclusive club, (mostly populated (unwillingly) by the Mods on here), but the “Custom Flair” is the one to go for. Just imagine it, Ski Pro 3, “The Mod Slayer” – LT “Sent by God” – Purple “Resident bastard” – or Admiral, “The Innocent”

The list is endless, as are the possibilities – but at no point did anyone say you have the right to decide your own “custom flair”

I’ll pause here to let that sink in a bit …….

·
Super Moderator
18,967 Posts
When you need an Admin, you couldn't find one to save your life...
When you don't need one, here they show up with a contest...

🎵 O happy day, O happy day...!! 🎶 🎂🍭🍨

:ROFLMAO:

Only kidding brother Kev, only kidding... :cool:

·
Super Moderator
18,967 Posts
20170709_144331.jpg

I

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Dealing with rule number 2, would removing the vapor canister from a Commiefornia TW 200 be considered and illegal mod?

·
Registered
204 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
282 Posts
Lookin’ good! Q, LT - I have a hi-mount too & considered putting the fender bracket on to increase torsional rigidity in the forks.

Still weighing the aesthetic. I thought of painting it black, so it maybe disappears more into the tire.

More importantly though, if you happened to bottom your forks, would your bracket & fender go “smack!” (?)

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,967 Posts
Dealing with rule number 2, would removing the vapor canister from a Commiefornia TW 200 be considered and illegal mod?
Not if you needed that very important bracket for a oil cooler... (y)

·
Super Moderator
18,967 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,967 Posts
Lookin’ good! Q, LT - I have a hi-mount too & considered putting the fender bracket on to increase torsional rigidity in the forks.

Still weighing the aesthetic. I thought of painting it black, so it maybe disappears more into the tire.

More importantly though, if you happened to bottom your forks, would your bracket & fender go “smack!” (?)
I do think it is stronger with it on. Look at it as a mud scraper. ;)

Reactions: SEADUB200

·
Registered
4,716 Posts

[/QUOTE

Just let them know you are a political Conservative, and they will show up soon enough and scold you... 🙀

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.