TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if they can't hear you coming when you pass them at 160 mph? :p .

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
a bug at that speed wouldn't feel good.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
What if they can't hear you coming when you pass them at 160 mph? :p .
You can't hear any motorcycle much coming upon you until it passes you especially at that speed. I nearly creamed a bike one day. He must have been doing about 120mph. I looked over my shoulder, nothing, started switching lanes and he was passing right by my front tire in less than about 2 seconds from when I looked over my shoulder to switch lanes. Then I thought I was surely going to see him die because brake lights were across every lane right after he passed me up. He managed somehow to stop. I guess that wasn't his day to die.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Because it’s electric, no.

Because you are traveling at speed on pavement on an open metal machine around other metsl machines driven by idiots, absolutely!

·
Registered
604 Posts
And you must be properly grounded. (green/bare wire) Call before you dig. (your own grave)

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was just a spoof so as to show off some of the quiet performance of a pair of electrics on a mountainous section of the Isle Of Man TT course during the recent SES TT ZERO Race.
Don't take the title seriously, I should have added something about needing playing cards in the spokes as a clue.:D
The title was just to get you folks to watch so as to expose you to what the technology is evolving into. Maybe lead you down the rabbit hole of other thrilling Isle of ManTT videos.
Surprising how much we normally hear is engine and exhaust noise. With the electrics I expected to hear more flow noise from aerodynamic turbulence as in general most bikes don't have that slippery a coefficient of drag.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
"Are Electric Motorcycles Dangerous?"

Hell yes...all motorcycles are dangerous!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
This was just a spoof so as to show off some of the quiet performance of a pair of electrics on a mountainous section of the Isle Of Man TT course during the recent SES TT ZERO Race.
Don't take the title seriously, I should have added something about needing playing cards in the spokes as a clue.:D
The title was just to get you folks to watch so as to expose you to what the technology is evolving into. Maybe lead you down the rabbit hole of other thrilling Isle of ManTT videos.
Surprising how much we normally hear is engine and exhaust noise. With the electrics I expected to hear more flow noise from aerodynamic turbulence as in general most bikes don't have that slippery a coefficient of drag.
Enjoy!
We knew that. Those guys are fast. I have been reading The Total Motorcycling Manual by Mark Lindemann and read today there are 200 turns on that course. I can't believe the speeds they go on a course like that. Just call me a big chicken. I might would do the course at the Isle of Man on the TW but like them, oh no.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Dangerous in more ways than one. I would hate to have the battery/ies blow up between my legs......OUCH!!!!!

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Are Electric Motorcycles Dangerous?

Don't get it wet!!
Not long ago a Tesla caught fire. The fire department was called and when they arrived they refused to put water on it -- it was an electrical fire. Engineers were called from the Tesla Factory (just down the road a few miles) and while everyone waited for their arrival the car burned all up.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Regarding the thread title, I was passed like this on the TW one day about 10 years ago. I was happily just cruising along at 50-55 in a straight right before you get into town, hadn't noticed anything in the mirrors, then the assault of blaring noise that can only be a liter of inline 4 blew by me. I got one later and I'm glad I don't still have it or it would've had me by now :laugh: The TT averages 1 death per year.

There was an episode of The Grand Tour where Richard Hammond crashed a Rimac because he froze up after a pretty fantastic hillclimb run. They said it took 5 days for it to quit trying to burn. I'd imagine each cell goes in a chain reaction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts