TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I just want to get some opinions here. I am thinking about getting a mini truck like a suzuki carry, subaru sambar, anyone have any opinions or experience with one? In my head I see mini trucks like tw200, simple japanese reliable machines, fun off of road, won't go above 55 mph very easily. I would love to hear some experience or first hand knowledge.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
You can pick one up for less than the price of a sxs. Having a cab, heater, radio and all it sure makes sense. If only they made them with left hand steering.

·
Registered
19,221 Posts
Get one of the tenth generation turbo 4x4 models. With a lift kit and tracks it would be the mini-hit of Prince of Wales. tracked carry.jpg

·
Registered
991 Posts
My buddy got one like this back in April. Its a blast !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I’ve been trying to convince my boss I need one of theses as a work truck.. There are a couple of them that run around the base up here. One of them had a small bike on the back for awhile. Thought it would be a nice way to move my TW.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How are these on curvy roads? Yesterday I was bored on the drive home and started the counting the curves in the road...believe it or not on this little highway on POW island I counted 150 turns on my 22 mile stretch. The top speed is only 40 mph...it is awesome on a bike but I don't know one of these would hand especially w/o power steering, thoughts?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a 1982 Honda with manual steering and brakes, and it really wasn't that bad. The steering was a little stiff at low speeds, but once you got moving it was no biggie.

·
Registered
287 Posts
We are presently camped in a KOA campground, right at Bear Lake, on the Idaho - Utah border. There are TWO of these Suzuki Carry's being used by the KOA staff here in camp. One is Yellow and one white. Kinda reminds me of the old Ford flat faced pickup vans, only squished in all directions to the size of that Suzuki Carry.
Scott

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

This is exactly the sort of thing I'd love to own as a commuter / weekend trail rig. With the fold-down bed sides, I recon it'd work fantastically well as a camper bed, too. Maybe just get one of those instant-setup tents and pop it up on that bed and you'd be set.

P.S. I'm very annoyed by all the nonsense surrounding the legal road use of vehicles like this (same as ex-military rigs, etc.). Massive pain and just bogus BS to suit automakers who don't want competition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts