TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does your guardian angel take car of you when you are in wrong place at the wrong time? Call it luck, stupidity or fate but here are some winners. Wife says that sometimes God just doesn't want you that day. I have had some close calls but nothing like these:

I liked the babushka fending off Moscow traffic with a stick.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I don't remember if it was during Sandy or Irene hurricanes here but we had tons of big trees blown over all over this area. I was driving home and the winds were wild with all sorts of branches blowing across the road. In my rear view mirror I watched a giant pine hit the road right after I had passed by it. If I had been seconds later it would have crushed my truck. It was a true pucker moment and when I arrived home my wife was calling because she was also driving home and was stuck just a few miles up from our home where other giant pines were blocking the road. I had to drive up to her from the other end and we parked her car in a field and got home. This place looked like a war zone after those storm blew through and we had no pole power for 8 days.

GaryL

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
God didn't want you that day Twilight, just wanted to spark up your ride. Maybe that saved you from getting creamed by a semi a few more miles down the road.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Another struck by lightning survivor story. At Ron's memorial in Twin Falls, his wife related the time he was struck by lightning in the Owyhee Mtns. Thankfully for him Marie was out there with him. With help from some other fellows, they were able to get Ron out of the creek bed and to a hospital. If he would have been by himself he would have died.

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
I've had 3 close calls. Two times the lightning hit the ground about 20 feet away from me and once while on board ship, it hit 3 feet away from me on the hand rail. I didn't dare move a muscle. The light and sound of that electricity, that close is scary...

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
God didn't want you that day Twilight, just wanted to spark up your ride. Maybe that saved you from getting creamed by a semi a few more miles down the road.
The Lord is still showing his mercy and loving kindness to Mike, in hope that he will Know Him one day. Heaven wouldn't be the same without Mike there. :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Thanks again Fred, for once again sending me down a YouTube hole... (More like a bottomless pit! There goes all my bandwith for the month.)

No close calls with lightning, but there have been more than a few times when it was not my turn. :) One more lucky boy, m.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
A bolt of lightning struck my girlfriend right between the legs on this secluded beach in northern Michigan. 5 minutes earlier it would have got me right in the back of the head.
You are an A hole! Spit my beer through my nose and it's still burning! Sounds like something Hoot would have said about mustache rides.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Carefull Gary! That Chromebook isn't water(beer)proof!
Don't go blaming this one on me! Seems we have a new basement member at the Hoo Gar bar!

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
As Warren Beatty would say...Heaven Can Wait :eek:
Your time is coming, be ready. Eternity is a long time... just sayin ;)

Hebrews
9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

Hebrews
10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Your time is coming, be ready. Eternity is a long time... just sayin ;)

Hebrews
9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

Hebrews
10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

The time will come LT when you will stand before God the Judge! The prosecution attorney will be satin! Your defense attorney will be Jesus. God will ask for evidence. Satin will tell God of every sin you ever committed. After the prosecution rested, Jesus would state that everything satin said was true but, the sins of LT were paid by My blood. Case dismissed, LT is innocent. Who will defend you on judgement day? Dirts a Flyen. SanDue:p:D

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
He paid the price in full. All I had to do was believe. One day I decided to see if He was real. I told Him; if He was real, to come into my heart and forgive me and help me. In the fraction of a second, He forgave me and my life has never been the same since. I was a brand new man; instantly. I wouldn't trade that day for anything in the world.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
WHEW....for a moment I was concerned that you might be talking about Satan. But then you brought in this "smooth" character......Satin.
I don't mind being judged by Satin, as I paint most of my bike parts with a Satin finish.

Now, Satan on the other hand.....that would be one hot paint job. :eek:
God how I wanted to find a spelling error in this post. I really need to get a life!

Tom

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some of these guys weren't so lucky

1 - 17 of 17 Posts