TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday I got back from doing a solo on the Arizona backcountry discovery route.
This time I elected to take the XT225 instead of the TW because there was a lot of hwy riding to get from where I left my pickup and trailer (Kanab, Ut.) to the Start the northbound route. The XT has 6 speeds and and is better suited for the pavement. It took 2 days of pavement to get to Sierra Vista, where I took a motel for the night (the rest of the trip I camped). Then it was only a short distance to the start the following morning. The weather was good and the scenery was great. It's nice to get out into those wide open spaces once in a while. A list of animals seen:
badger, coyote, elk, several rattlesnakes, roadrunners and lots of wild horses.
It was a good adventure but to be honest, at 62 years old, riding 10 hours a day, eating peanut butter sandwiches and sleeping on the ground was getting old. You know you're roughing it when it feels like a luxury to get back to a Tacoma with an ice chest and a cot in the back of a camper shell. I was 4-1/2 day's on route + the two it took to ride to the start. I don't know how many pictures I can post in a single post, so I'll break them down.

20190417_125822.jpg 20190418_115401.jpg 20190419_083555.jpg 20190419_085729.jpg

·
Registered
739 Posts
Amazing ride and timeless photos. Sounds like a great experience and adventure. Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
great ride, beautiful scenery! ... but bet wouldn't want to do that in two months though ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
You finished just in time! It is getting hot! I was down bear hunting last Friday near Sonoita and by the time we got to Tucson to get another ice chest to keep the meat from spoiling, it was 100 F.

Sounds like an awesome ride!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I noticed that yesterday, when I was up in Kaibab Nat. forest. One of the roads I was on was part of the "Arizona Trail" there were a number of hikers and one Mt. biker. There were gallons of water stashed along side the road in several spots and one camp was set up as what looked like a 'support' camp. Interesting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts