TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be out in Quartzsite Arizona mid February? Would love to jump on the Arizona peace Trail and head out for two three four days? Very flexible. Don't really like to rush but like to do semi high-mileage days. At the end of the day find some cheap hotel drink a few beers and do it all over again the following day. Love Adventure the further the better. Number of bikes not important.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Which way do you plan to go? North or South?

For those of you interested, the whole loop is ~ 685 miles. Here is the Link to the official site.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Much of that trail has been gated for years and years. We've been recently led to believe that the "authorities" have worked with 4WD groups and private citizens to open it for the full length of almost 700 miles. I've not been on it to prove or disprove whether or not, it is a completely open trail for the full length and, I've not spoken to anyone who's done the full trail. It would be interesting to read or see if it is now, completely open and no locked gates.
Scott

Reactions: Darth

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Last year I talked with an Arizona Peace Trail volunteer (also a Quartzsite off road member) at the Parker 425 off road event. I believe the route is open, but you can read more on the route by following this Arizona Peace Trail link

·
Registered
40 Posts
Much of that trail has been gated for years and years. We've been recently led to believe that the "authorities" have worked with 4WD groups and private citizens to open it for the full length of almost 700 miles. I've not been on it to prove or disprove whether or not, it is a completely open trail for the full length and, I've not spoken to anyone who's done the full trail. It would be interesting to read or see if it is now, completely open and no locked gates.
Scott
Well Scott, the trail is open and has been for quite some time and a lot of people have done the entire loop without issue. Just a heads up though that you do need to download the GPS track for the trail. The map is not in enough detail to successfully complete the loop. Also, of the four water crossings above and below Lake Alamo only one is open currently due to high water. This can change any time though so watch the Peace Trail website for updates.
On another note, the PT is well set up for a fellow to use motels throughout the loop. I have a friend that has taken others around the loop four different times and always used motels.
Mikey

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well Scott, the trail is open and has been for quite some time and a lot of people have done the entire loop without issue. Just a heads up though that you do need to download the GPS track for the trail. The map is not in enough detail to successfully complete the loop. Also, of the four water crossings above and below Lake Alamo only one is open currently due to high water. This can change any time though so watch the Peace Trail website for updates.
On another note, the PT is well set up for a fellow to use motels throughout the loop. I have a friend that has taken others around the loop four different times and always used motels.
Mikey
Mikey,
I thank you for giving me a heads up on that trail. Maybe one of these day's the wife and I will get out with a group that's gonna do at least some of it so we can learn. Cool. A good part of it's almost in our back yard.
Scott

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would be in for a few days of riding on the PT & motelling so as not to have to carry so much stuff.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Motels are kind of the way that I was thinking as well. Being a near-dead, I enjoy the added comfort of a motel over my small tent and with the sand crossings on the PT, a lighter bike would be nice. I hope to ride it this winter/spring.
Mikey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts