TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Oh my! I started watching this in x2 video speed and discovered very quickly to watch this in normal speed. Not counting all the river crossings, it was very interesting to see the abandoned trucks and camps (Canol Hilton) as elime mentioned and the wolves howling, error 404 no road found (this was quite funny), Cabibou crossing behind him during the filming, Northern Lights and the Grizzly Bear.

Thank you so much for sharing this. This guy is leaving a dream.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canol_Heritage_Trail
The trail follows the route of the Canol Road lying within the Northwest Territories where it is no longer maintained beyond the Yukon border. The road was constructed during the Second World War by the United States Army Corps of Engineers to build and service a pipeline bringing oil from Norman Wells to a refinery in Whitehorse, Yukon. Though built at huge expense, it was abandoned after only thirteen months of operation.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you Google Map you can see where the road ends and the distance from there to Norman Wells is phenomenal.
Here's another one of his. He's got a bunch. Amazing dude.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
What a well made movie of an impressive journey. I kept looking for where he packed the inflatable kayak's paddle on the bike. Shows what is possible for those who care to dare.
check out 6:22 of the video for his paddle storage location.

Great video

Best part was his text for what the bear was thinking -"I smell lunch"

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Here's another one of his. He's got a bunch. Amazing dude.
Amazingly amazing! Thanks for posting this. I plan to watch every episode.

This kind of fortitude reminds me of what it took for forum member lizrdbrth (Russ Austin) to set out to ride a horse from the ocean in California to the ocean in Boston. In Russ' case it wasn't to be famous, it was just a personal quest. I suspect it's a similar feeling for Iohan.

For those that hadn't heard about lizrdbrth's adventure there was an article written for a horse magazine that is here

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got me hooked now. watching his great divide. An amazing individual. And does it all so light hearted and without complaint. You can see his vibe to horses and dogs is sheer calm. I am in awe. And all that great off the beaten trail music. Where does he get it all?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts