TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hey Utah1,
If I may ask, what lake and what mountain? The wife and I just returned from a 2,600 mile trip in the motorhome which we carried the T-dub and towed our Jeep. Much of that trip involved Utah. Our last camp was at Jordanelle State Park, great place.
Scott

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Utah1,
If I may ask, what lake and what mountain? The wife and I just returned from a 2,600 mile trip in the motorhome which we carried the T-dub and towed our Jeep. Much of that trip involved Utah. Our last camp was at Jordanelle State Park, great place.
Scott
It’s Bare Lake, we didn’t see many bears around but the riding is exceptional! Second favorite area to ride behind island park and old yellerstone in Idaho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
It’s Bare Lake, we didn’t see many bears around but the riding is exceptional! Second favorite area to ride behind island park and old yellerstone in Idaho.

Aaaaahha, Bear Lake!
Yep, we know it fairly well too. In fact, before we camped at Jordanelle, we camped at the KOA there in Bear Lake. We drove around to the east side to check out the State Park campground but, what a rat pit. So, we drove back and chose the KOA. There's plenty of hills etc. around Bear lake for sure. Years ago, (as in say, 25 or more) we'd cruised down the hill with our motorhome from Logan. I'd lost the brakes in the motorhome as I hit the intersection of 89 and that grade, NOT GOOD! We left there heading south, what a nice, pleasant drive. Nice area for sure.
Scott

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Aaaaahha, Bear Lake!
Yep, we know it fairly well too. In fact, before we camped at Jordanelle, we camped at the KOA there in Bear Lake. We drove around to the east side to check out the State Park campground but, what a rat pit. So, we drove back and chose the KOA. There's plenty of hills etc. around Bear lake for sure. Years ago, (as in say, 25 or more) we'd cruised down the hill with our motorhome from Logan. I'd lost the brakes in the motorhome as I hit the intersection of 89 and that grade, NOT GOOD! We left there heading south, what a nice, pleasant drive. Nice area for sure.
Scott
Yeah we loaded up the TW racks with cheap Hooch and fireworks from Idaho and then smuggled it back across the boarder. Crazy story They’ve had one or two trucks a month lose their brakes coming down that hill and then earlier this year a truck went straight through the sporting good shop at the bottom and destroyed the entire building and killed the truck driver!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Aaaaahha, Bear Lake!
Scott
Yeah we loaded up the TW racks with cheap Hooch and fireworks from Idaho and then smuggled it back across the boarder. Crazy story They’ve had one or two trucks a month lose their brakes coming down that hill and then earlier this year a truck went straight through the sporting good shop at the bottom and destroyed the entire building and killed the truck driver!

https://youtu.be/pl7uYoLr0aQ

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Utah1,
Well, while cruising around Garden City, we noticed some severe damage to some storage garages, just across from a very popular Mom and Pop drive-in with GREAT blueberry shakes, called LaBeaus. We'd asked the server if she knew anything about that damage. It appeared there was no fire. She said, yep, a truck driver lost his brakes and careened into those storage units. Man, that hill has cost that town some huh?
Scott

On edit:
We just figured it out. The Sporting Good store was deemed unsafe to occupy so, it was torn down. Well, if you look at your photos that you linked, you'll see some very close, angled roof lines. Those are the storage units I'm speaking of. Apparently, the old sporting goods store was scraped off the earth and, that left a flat piece of ground. Then, here comes another truck with ZERO brakes and, it's lights out!!
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts