TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Lot's of garlic and artichokes in that general area, you can smell the garlic for miles. Used to ride those roads when I lived in Salinas. Anytime I see pics in Cali and see places I used to ride, it makes me almost homesick, seriously. Thanks for posting the video Tony!

·
Registered
186 Posts
When in Pescadero, have you ever stopped at Duarte's Tavern? They grow their own artichokes for their famous artichoke soup. I think this video is in the area?

·
Registered
184 Posts
your grass is nice and GREEN,water pretty BLUE our grass is still white and ice burgs in the water. google nova scotia web cams and you can see a lot our province .the cam from halls harbour is only 15 min from home, worlds highest tides.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When in Pescadero, have you ever stopped at Duarte's Tavern? They grow their own artichokes for their famous artichoke soup. I think this video is in the area?
Good eye! This is very close to Pescadero. I have never been to Duarte's but I know where it is. If I get something to eat it is usually at the tacqueria / grocery store / gas station across the street. Great burritos and outstanding salsa.

your grass is nice and GREEN,water pretty BLUE our grass is still white and ice burgs in the water. google nova scotia web cams and you can see a lot our province .the cam from halls harbour is only 15 min from home, worlds highest tides.
The grass is green right now but the rainy season is about over. That means it will all turn brown, errr, golden in a few days to a couple of weeks.

I was on PEI once upon a long time ago. It was during the summer and I thought it was very nice.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I heard about Duarte's on Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives. So my wife and I stopped there and had some amazing Cioppino. They have a garden in the back where they grow a lot of produce. Another funky place not far from Pescadero is the San Gregorio General store. They have a website that tells who's playing Live music every weekend. Worth a visit if you're down that way.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard about Duarte's on Diners, Drive Inns, and Dives. So my wife and I stopped there and had some amazing Cioppino. They have a garden in the back where they grow a lot of produce. Another funky place not far from Pescadero is the San Gregorio General store. They have a website that tells who's playing Live music every weekend. Worth a visit if you're down that way.
I have been in the San Gregorio General Store. It is interesting and on weekends it can get very crowded. The post office next door is about the size of a closet but then not that many people live in the area.

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
That must be a great twisty TW ride there. I like staying just south at Butano State Park. A few miles away where Gazos Creek meets Pacific I once saw grey whales, orcas, porpoises and a sea lion one afternoon gulping herring or some schooling fish. Usually see none of this, just occasional sea elephants and otters, must have been exceptional feeding so close to shore.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gazos Creek Road used to be dirt, then they paved it to the spot were you turned to get to Butano. Then they paved another 5 miles. Now at the end of the paved part there is a big gate. It used to be you could go up Gazos and it would circle all the way around and you come back out on Hwy 1 near Ano Nuevo but not any more. To many people going up there not showing respect for private property. Even though it is a county road the county closed it to the public. I called the county guy in charge of stuff like this and asked if he had any plans to open it up. He said no. That there were rave parties up there with lots and lots of people. I pleaded that maybe just open during rainy weather and he laughed and said my request was noted but it was just more trouble to leave it open. Oh, it is open to hikers and bicycles but not horses or anything thing with a motor, which simply means very few people get to go in that area now. Oh well, progress.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
I wonder if they would close city streets because of rave parties?

Anyway, I really liked the end of your ride at the cliff's by that hugh lake!:p Very pretty.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
bringing up an old thread of tony's....

i found this cool site today and it covers much of the wild history of this area between san jose and santa cruz. looks like a few interesting places to search out and explore.

Sandy Lydon's Central Coast Secrets

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
joeband -- Excellent site. I have seen some of the things in it but there are some I never knew about. After Cow Mt. I will be doing a little more coastal exploring. Tony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts