TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I scored this print tonight for $20 at Benefit for the handicapped. I didn't pay much attention to it at first until I won the silent auction. Clayton Turner was a Quadtapedic who drew with the pen in his mouth. I can't wait to have it framed and hanging in
my home. I'm not sure of its value but I sure do like it.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Check out the post mark on the original box
image.jpeg

This is the only information I found on Clayton Turner.
[video]https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1314&dat=19780108&id=pPYjAAAAIBAJ&sjid=zu0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=5298,2785134&hl=en[/video]

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Way cool! :D

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Very neat, but I'm skewed as I like all things old west. I wish I could draw. Always wanted too. Drawing (art) and playing a musical instrument are 2 things I wanted to do but sucked at royally. Notice I didn't mention singing!:D

Not a Chuck wagon, but a this is the cook station of my father-in-laws wagon few years back. The wagon wasn't much for cold temperature use, but it sure looked "western". The drawing above reminded me of this.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very neat, but I'm skewed as I like all things old west. I wish I could draw. Always wanted too. Drawing (art) and playing a musical instrument are 2 things I wanted to do but sucked at royally. Notice I didn't mention singing!:D

Not a Chuck wagon, but a this is the cook station of my father-in-laws wagon few years back. The wagon wasn't much for cold temperature use, but it sure looked "western". The drawing above reminded me of this.

I knew you would like the drawing I remember the picture of your Father-in laws wagon. I'm not and artist but I do play a mean harmonica but I have never had the ultimate instrument... A singing voice. :(

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Ain't that a hoot buying a print for $20 worth over $200. Thanks Hoot
Hang on to it, this guy, who drew with his mouth, paralyzed from the neck down, passed in 2005 at age 74...seems he made the most of his life after a swimming accident at age 13 left him unable to live a "normal" life.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hang on to it, this guy, who drew with his mouth, paralyzed from the neck down, passed in 2005 at age 74...seems he made the most of his life after a swimming accident at age 13 left him unable to live a "normal" life.
It is amazing what the human sprit can accomplish when challenged... Of course some choose to live off the tax payers.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Awesome find. And a story to go with it. I would be proud to hang that on my wall.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Love it! Great respect.

I like the chuck wagon too. My father in law was a for-real, by-God, home on the range cowboy in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona from age 15 until his late 60s. No telling how many thousands of meals he ate that were prepared from an old chuck wagon!
He also turned pro-rodeo before WWII, saddle-bronc riding in Madison Square Gardens, Calgary Stampede and many other venues.
He was in the Navy and was credited with shooting down a Jap kamikaze from his AA station an a ship in the Pacific.

Thanks for the post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts