TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am very impressed....

WHEN my partner and I first met, she was finishing her degree in 'Special Education'. In another couple of days, it will be our anniversary. For sometime now she has told me of someone she knows that can make a nice drawing from a picture. He only does cars or motorcycles. I would listen, smile and nod appropriately. During the last week, I have been cleaning out the shop so the TW had been parked outside. She snapped a couple of pictures and brought them to work. This is my anniversary present. All I could say, over and over again is WOW.......... Am not one for 'Carnival Show' renderings, but this fellow hit 'the nail' square on the head..... THIS IS ME & MY BIKE.... WOW once again. Seems he has a very exacting process for doing his drawing; left to right and top to bottom and as you can see, seems to fixate on odd details. In my case, this just made my picture soooo perfect.

The drawing seems to be on plain binder type paper. Saskia says Adam generally 'requests' between $15 and $20 dollars. If you have an interest, you can email Saskia at work: saskiar AT ewtc dot org Guess all he needs is a picture (s). I am so pleased. Gerry

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now you just need to clean your bike or get this fellow a dirt colored marker.:D

Amen. What amazes me is the detail. Note, the face of the rear knobs are worn clean. The lesser contact areas of the tire mirror the dust on the rest of the bike. Saskia said it took Adam two days to finish the drawing. What a gift. As well, years of practice. Gerry

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Looks nice but that has to be a helluva bumpy ride with those tires out of round.
How large is the drawing, and will he copy anything you send him?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I amended my original post; yes, Saskia and Adam have a professional relationship. When I thought about my original post, it seemed I was attributing his talent to a freak of nature rather than years of hard work.

I know nothing of art. This impressed me. Seems Adam saw a few pictures of my bike and he depicted the 'reality' he saw. True, the wheels are not round. Mr. gizmow is a less than 'round' would-be inventor. Perhaps my bike impresses a few. Others might say, why all the crap.....

In artistic terms, perhaps what Adam is saying to me is; 'being prepared is fine, but it comes with some liability'. Anyway, least for me, that is the message.

Likened to having your palm read, and getting a self portrait at the same time.... Gerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts