TW200 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,938 Posts
It goes under your jacket with all the vents open and even with it unzipped a bit at the top for more air if you prefer, T-shirt would be optional I guess, I would wear a T-shirt with mine. Everything will dry off sooner or later anyway. Report back please on how long it lasts in the heat before you have to wet it again.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Supposed to be in the nineties tomorrow.

I'm probably gonna take off the windshield. It's risky; if it rains it'll be miserable. I'll be gone maybe five days.

BUT...with this vest, I'll do okay with the heat head-on.

·
Super Moderator
17,938 Posts
Jimbo shield? pack it with you, they are pretty small.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Jimbo shield? pack it with you, they are pretty small.
No. This is for the street machine, the CB1100.

Plexistar 2. Fits good; but, being aftermarket, it wasn't really engineered properly. Needs vents to eliminate the pocket behind it.

Last road trip I took, I'd just bought it - and rode into two days of rain. Very fortunate I had it; it would have been miserable without. This time, though; I can see myself baking behind that thing.

The CB rides good naked up to about 55; and then it wants to blow me off.

·
Super Moderator
17,938 Posts
Got it, thanks. Have a fun time, ride safe my friend. I sat on a new one just a few weeks ago at the dealer, it seemed like my legs didn't fit as well as they used to back when I rode the 750's. Is the seat lower now days? or what? I would like to have one again, but that didn't feel right.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Got it, thanks. Have a fun time, ride safe my friend. I sat on a new one just a few weeks ago at the dealer, it seemed like my legs didn't fit as well as they used to back when I rode the 750's. Is the seat lower now days? or what? I would like to have one again, but that didn't feel right.
I think the seat is lower; although I never had a 750.

The TW actually provides a better seating position. I got it because a) the price was good and the reviews tremendous; b) I don't fit on MOST bikes without some mods. So, grin and bear it.

Two bikes I've fit on fine in the last ten years. The R1200GS; and the TW. Even my 1999 R1100RT was a cramped ride.

Supposedly they make peg-lowering kits for the CB.

·
Super Moderator
17,938 Posts
Hmmm. If they make lowering pegs, it must be ok. I looked and looked for some for my Sportster and they don't have them. If they did though, I can see how the pegs could drag if you cornered to hard. So that must be why. Where you from bro? Wanna buy a sweet low mileage decked out Sportster? Perfect shape.:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you are planning on riding with the Blue Hairs and Crazy Drugged ups in Florida, that is taking your life in your hands, regardless of what you are riding....Street Riding in Florida is akin to being a Christian tossed to the Lions back in the Old Biblical Days....:eek:
~GiGGle~I hate agreeing with Hoot cause I am somewhat of a liberal~GiGGle~

BUTTTT. He is right as rain about riding in Fl.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hmmm. If they make lowering pegs, it must be ok. I looked and looked for some for my Sportster and they don't have them. If they did though, I can see how the pegs could drag if you cornered to hard. So that must be why. Where you from bro? Wanna buy a sweet low mileage decked out Sportster? Perfect shape.:D
Uh...sorry, no.

It wouldn't go well with my repertoire of nasty Harley jokes.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts