TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We are pleased to announce we will be implementing a new method to send out site newsletters. The new newsletter will have a cleaner template and will be sent to participating forum members once a week. We have added an example below of how it will look. This change will not have any negative impact to current newsletters and will not lead to any site downtime. If you have any questions please post them below.

Thank you

Community Support

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
Really, guys.....it's just a way to highlight some threads that might be of interest to the members that don't check in every day. We don't have to send it out at all, if that's the preference of the community as a whole. It's really just an attempt by VS to get some more hits on the site, and perhaps draw back some folks who drifted away over time. It's not meant as an affront or as an annoyance. If it's either, just say so, and we can stop it. Personally, I don't have a problem with one or two unsolicited emails from a site I frequent...even if there's nothing "new" in it to me.

Neil

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Really, guys.....it's just a way to highlight some threads that might be of interest to the members that don't check in every day. We don't have to send it out at all, if that's the preference of the community as a whole. It's really just an attempt by VS to get some more hits on the site, and perhaps draw back some folks who drifted away over time. It's not meant as an affront or as an annoyance. If it's either, just say so, and we can stop it. Personally, I don't have a problem with one or two unsolicited emails from a site I frequent...even if there's nothing "new" in it to me.

Neil
Now I understand - its just spam :D.

I am okay with it if it helps keep this forum free, and members are able to opt out of it if they want to.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Do I opt out by unchecking "receive emails from administrators"?

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
No, unsubscribe next time you get a newsletter at the bottom of the email. I believe if you use your option, you won't get any Personal Messages from members also, so you might not want to do that.
Do I opt out by unchecking "receive emails from administrators"?

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
Personal Messages as listed and accessed in "Notifications" on this Forum, or just e-mailed personal messages will not arrive if Forum does not have one's e-mail address?

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
I haven't received any Spam Newsletters but if I do, I'm gonna eat it!

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
Personal Messages as listed and accessed in "Notifications" on this Forum, or just e-mailed personal messages will not arrive if Forum does not have one's e-mail address?
You wouldn't get any email notifications that you have a PM. They can still be checked via the Notifications link on the site.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Who drifted away?

Neil

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
FWIW: The summary email that came out brought me back to have a look around. I think ultimately from a marketing / forum management and "keeping the community active" perspective it's a good thing as long as there is a way to opt out.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I log on as often as I find time.
It may benefit others, but was simply a nuisance to me.
Second one arrived and I opted out at the bottom.
It indicated that opt out was successful.

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
You wouldn't get any email notifications that you have a PM. They can still be checked via the Notifications link on the site.
That is what I thought, and thus my irritation that a forum representative erroneously stated that opting out from accepting the e-mail newsletter would remove my ability to receive Personal Messages in the Notification section of this website. I already knew I would not receive e-mail notifications of PMs awaiting me on this web site, that was blatantly obvious and something that I already appreciated. Implying that I needed to accept the e-mail newsletter I felt was deceptive marketing.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
That is what I thought, and thus my irritation that a forum representative erroneously stated that opting out from accepting the e-mail newsletter would remove my ability to receive Personal Messages in the Notification section of this website. I already knew I would not receive e-mail notifications of PMs awaiting me on this web site, that was blatantly obvious and something that I already appreciated. Implying that I needed to accept the e-mail newsletter I felt was deceptive marketing.
And just who was this "forum representative" - I think we should be told !
I'm thinking it probably was me... ??

·
Registered
19,404 Posts
No worries, I over-reacted with pre-disposed bias against the use of e-mails for anything other than personal communications between me and others I know. My apologies.
My frustration with the modern invasive telemarketing world has nothing to do with this forum.
No one's fault here that modern unsolicited electronic "junk mail" has clogged all my communication devices,i.e. my computer, home and cell phones. At least marketers can't use my fax machine anymore to print untill the ink pots runs dry.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts