TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
The following is aimed at new members – but some of the older ones could do worse than read this “sticky” – and it comes in the form of a “request” …..

Please update your profile to reflect your location, and your signature line to tell everyone what kind of TW you have

It will save lots of questions, such as “what year do you have, how many miles on it, where do you ride” etc – and even if you’ve added just a mod to your bike, the same questions apply

Introducing yourself and your bike is always welcomed, but after you have a dozen posts or so, we either end up going through all of your posts trying to suss this out, ask the inevitable, or just shrug and move on

This is one of the most “inclusive” boards on the net – and it achieves that by sharing information

So, please – take a couple of minutes to update your profile and your signature ……
Thanks for the help Purple!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello TW200 Forum. I have just joined the fray by purchase of an abused 1995 Rainbow TW. It runs but needs a lot of help. I consider it to be a blank palette to create a very simple hollow mod trail bike. The clock stopped 2185 miles sometime in the past. The wiring is a mess. The frame has been mostly painted with bed liner. The PO I purchased it from said he'd had the carb off a dozen times in the six months he owned and it still wasn't right. The rusty tank has been Red Kote'd inside and out and still weeps gas. Then the left side stator cover is broken above the countershaft sprocket but at least the bearing is still in place. The airbox cover and filter are gone. The carb connector is missing. Both forks seals are leaking. The good thing is that motor sounds good and clutch and transmission seem to be ok as well.
So the fun begins. Fork seals on order. Next I need a gas tank. Any color stock tank will do as long as it is clean and cheap! Not interested in a Clarke tank.
I see there is a lot of information in this forum. I look forward to diving into it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi All

I'm a new member here, just joined from South Africa. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I'm the owner of an early 2000's TW and it has grown on me during the past 18 months that I've owned her I'm the 2nd owner and had a lot of pleasure from her. She's fairly stock at the moment, just changed the rear sprocket & tire for a more on road friendly set up, as I also used her for my daily 65 mile commute to work and back.She is currently parked for repairs, valve job and new clutch, while I'm at it I plan on swapping out the aluminium bush on the cam for a 6005 bearing. Planning a few mods in future as and when $ allow tho.

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just joined this forum to get as much information as I can about the TW. I don’t own one but I have one on my lift. My friend bought this bike new in 1987 and it has less then 3,000 miles on the odo. He hasn’t ridden for a few years and he said it didn’t run well at that time. I didn’t know he owned it until I spotted the dusty thing in the corner of his large shed. I said what’s that quite thing hiding over there. He said it doesn’t run, probably carb is stuffed.
I have done some carb rebuilds in my day so I offered to look at it. Turns out this carb is unlike any that I have taken apart before.
I’ve got it out and disassembled (it was pretty bad). The float seat is not coming out though. Not sure anything but a drill will get it out and I really don’t want to go there.
The bikes in great shape but every thing is original including the tires

·
Registered
35 Posts
Molochnik here; I bought a 2012 about a month ago under the guise of it being for Mrs. Molochnik...and it pretty much is. I primarily ride a '16 DR650, '09 R1 (track bike), or a '00 M2.
I would kind of like a Tdub of my own now having ridden the '12 a couple times. I'm a little disappointed I was hung up on the small engine; I bet Yamaha could sell twice as many TW350s but they know more about the bike biz than I do.
Anyway, hello to all my fellow Tdub fans!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all,
Just purchased a 2019 TW200 in September. It's fantastic!
The fun I've had on it already is so worth the expense! No regrets at all.

I can't wait for spring to arrive!

I love reading the forum. Thanks for all of the great information and entertainment!

Fat Possum

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Hey, I am a new dual sport rider and i just recently joined this forum. I have Yamaha WR250R, I am from Brea, California. I am looking for any local group around California to join and ride along.
Be Well, Ride Well.
Welcome. I think I'd kill myself on a WR. Happy Holidays and happy riding to ya!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The following is aimed at new members – but some of the older ones could do worse than read this “sticky” – and it comes in the form of a “request” …..

Please update your profile to reflect your location, and your signature line to tell everyone what kind of TW you have

It will save lots of questions, such as “what year do you have, how many miles on it, where do you ride” etc – and even if you’ve added just a mod to your bike, the same questions apply

Introducing yourself and your bike is always welcomed, but after you have a dozen posts or so, we either end up going through all of your posts trying to suss this out, ask the inevitable, or just shrug and move on

This is one of the most “inclusive” boards on the net – and it achieves that by sharing information

So, please – take a couple of minutes to update your profile and your signature ……

41 - 60 of 61 Posts