TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,823 Posts
I am Kenneth from Seattle. New member and I'm happy to be with you all here! :)
Hi Ken, welcome! Just holler if you need any help, it's a great forum here. I'm waving at you now and can almost see your place from way over here in Spokane!!! 😁

·
Registered
1 Posts
The following is aimed at new members – but some of the older ones could do worse than read this “sticky” – and it comes in the form of a “request” …..

Please update your profile to reflect your location, and your signature line to tell everyone what kind of TW you have

It will save lots of questions, such as “what year do you have, how many miles on it, where do you ride” etc – and even if you’ve added just a mod to your bike, the same questions apply

Introducing yourself and your bike is always welcomed, but after you have a dozen posts or so, we either end up going through all of your posts trying to suss this out, ask the inevitable, or just shrug and move on

This is one of the most “inclusive” boards on the net – and it achieves that by sharing information

So, please – take a couple of minutes to update your profile and your signature ……
I don’t have mine yet ordering in February 2021 can’t wait love your Forum keep it coming thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey folks,

Another New Guy here, just joined a few days ago. Live outside of Helena, MT literally on the flanks of the Continental Divide. Haven't had a bike for 25 years, but put a lot of miles on road bikes in my 20's & 30's. Older and hopefully somewhat wiser now, I just want a bike (I tried an ATV but found it boring) to ride on the dirt roads and trails. Just put a deposit down on the next TW200 that a nearby (only 150 miles away) dealer will get. The mystery - Will it be a 2021 or a 2022 model? The waiting has begun. In the meantime, I'm learning from you folks and enjoying the stories of your travels and adventures. It's nice to be part of such a friendly and welcoming group.

DaveS

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey folks,

Another New Guy here, just joined a few days ago. Live outside of Helena, MT literally on the flanks of the Continental Divide. Haven't had a bike for 25 years, but put a lot of miles on road bikes in my 20's & 30's. Older and hopefully somewhat wiser now, I just want a bike (I tried an ATV but found it boring) to ride on the dirt roads and trails. Just put a deposit down on the next TW200 that a nearby (only 150 miles away) dealer will get. The mystery - Will it be a 2021 or a 2022 model? The waiting has begun. In the meantime, I'm learning from you folks and enjoying the stories of your travels and adventures. It's nice to be part of such a friendly and welcoming group.

DaveS
Welcome I bet there's some nice county to ride around there. Isn't 150mi like next door in MT.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Dave...you sound like a repeat of my MC life..rode dual sport and street bikes for about 15 years in my 20s and 30s, then after a couple of nice wrecks, I stopped riding, then raising a family for nearly over 25 years, then I got the itch again and I finally found this site and Big Dog Adventures, settled on a 2014 TW back in March 2014 and the rest is history...Welcome Back to the Game!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! Can't wait to get back on two wheels again, and the TW sounds like the ticket to many miles of fun - no desire to play on the go fast bikes ever again. Looking forward to exploring the dirt roads and trails of the mountains in my area.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! Can't wait to get back on two wheels again, and the TW sounds like the ticket to many miles of fun - no desire to play on the go fast bikes ever again. Looking forward to exploring the dirt roads and trails of the mountains in my area.
Welcome Dave. I’m in Billings. I’m sure you will be visiting Pipestone. Lots of other good areas around you too. There are some good Facebook groups to join, maybe become a member of their local riding groups or just get ideas from their posts. Hit me up later and I can dig up their names.

I traveled to Williston area to get my tdub in the fall so really just getting into my first riding season. I do hope to get to Pipestone / Homestake area at least once this year.

Don

Sent from the demons in my head

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Don,

Thanks for the heads up on Pipestone - all of my exploring around here has been on foot, bicycle and skis & snowshoes. I'm out on the trails every day with the dogs, but am still exploring the local area after two years of living here (a tough problem to have - too much to explore!). Pipestone looks like it has some great riding! Moved down here from SE Alaska. Working as the Ass't Chief with the local Fire Dep't keeps me busy along with my paying day job, but getting a TW should expand my explorations. Pretty sure that I could dirt road it from my house for a long way either north or south through some gorgeous country.

Hoping that I can get a TW before the riding season starts to close in. Have a deposit down on the "next one" with a dealer up in Kalispell. In the meantime, I'm still looking around for a used one.

Congrats on the new bike - should be another beautiful summer (aka fire season) for riding.

Reactions: Darth

·
Registered
216 Posts
... Pretty sure that I could dirt road it from my house for a long way either north or south through some gorgeous country.
Dave, Check out Four Wheeler magazine Ultimate Adventure 2020

Easy google search. They went from Kalispell MT, through Yellowstone on to Rapid City, mostly on dirt. They had jeeps and such but it could give you some ideas.

Sent from the demons in my head

·
Registered
2000 TW200, 2000 Kawasaki 250 Super Sherpa
2 Posts
I thought I should check in and say hi. I have a 2000 TW, that I bought new in 2000. Only 3,600 miles on it, most of which were put on it in the first three years of ownership. I more or less got it out and dusted off the cobwebs, and realized what a cool bike it is. Since it still ran great, I thought I should go ahead and bring it out of retirement. I fixed the leaking fork seals and replaced the steering head bearings. I think I stirred up crap in the tank and plugged the carburetor, so I swapped in one of the Amazon Chinese specials. That got it back in rideable condition, but I am still going to rebuild the stock carb and see if I can't get its issues straightened out.
I also have a 2000, Kawasaki Super Sherpa 250, that I bought about the same time as the TW. About 6,000 miles on it.
Like a lot of others on here, I rode a lot in my younger days (1966 to1987), had a couple of bad wrecks and retired for a while. I decided I could either ride on Sundays, or work on Mondays, but not both. I went about 13 years, between bike ownership periods.
We moved to AZ, in 2002 and other projects seemed to have gotten in the way. Mostly vehicle projects (just picked up another Suzuki Samurai). Wife is retiring in December, so we hope to do some traveling.

·
Registered
2000 TW200, 2000 Kawasaki 250 Super Sherpa
2 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and compliments. On both the equipment and dog. I bought the TW, then the Kawasaki. My wife said I was not good at sharing, so she got the Tdub and I bought the Sherpa for me. The bike I stepped of of in the 80s, was an 82, YZ490. I'm surprised I survived it. Last straw was a concussion and broken ribs, along with a lot of torn muscles. I slept in a chair for a week, because I couldn't breath when I laid down. Riding shouldn't be a choice between good times and the ER.
The FJ is about as stock as a could keep it, considering the scarcity of replacement parts. Still has the original straight 6 and most of the other running gear. I did swap out the springs for Old Man Emu leafs, but no other lift. It is a soft top, but I still have the hardtop around, but needs restoration work. As for the dog; he's hoping something will start up and move, and is afraid he might miss something.

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
Riding shouldn't be a choice between good times and the ER.
Awesome! This should be the quote of the century! I love it.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
101 - 120 of 138 Posts