TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good Morning All.
You have to blame Ryan at FortNine for my joining this forum. I watched his Crossing the Desert video and have since been afflicted with an unhealthy interest in the TW200. I am looking for a bike that can do it all, speed is not critical to me. I was a tanker in the Army so, comfort is not required either. The TW seems to fill the bill. I currently live in eastern Washington state. Looking for a decent used TW200. This thing has just struck a chord in me. I currently mostly ride a Kawasaki EX500 and a 1978 Yamaha XS1100 sidecar rig. While not the worlds best mechanic, I manage to keep both machines running. :) The TW200 reminds me a bit of my first bike; a mid-1960's Moto Guzzi 125 Stornello Scrambler... You cant go back, but we can sure go forward.

·
Super Moderator
21,823 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hello all,
my name is Rick and I may have a TW200 addiction. I purchased a used 2004 T-Dub for work so we could better develop our suspension for the bike. I have been lurking some, trying to learn what I can. I have read enough to have developed a high regard to the spirit of this forum and the people who are on it.

while I have had my bike for a few weeks, I just sorted out the title issues (mine came from an MSF school in Illinois) and was purchased with another as a pair by a local fellow. He decided to keep only one as his son hasn’t the time to ride with him as much as he had hoped.

while I am new to the TW I am not new to motorcycles and presently own a couple DR650s, an xt225, a WR250r And a KTM 350exc as dual sport bikes. I also have a couple scooters, a couple Ducati road race / track bikes and a GasGas 300 TX trials bike which humiliates me every time I ride it!

I am super attracted to the straight-forward and basic design and construction of the TW200. It is also inexplicably fun.

I’ll have a lot of questions…
meet my bike, “Julio”:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
Hello all,
my name is Rick and I may have a TW200 addiction. I purchased a used 2004 T-Dub for work so we could better develop our suspension for the bike. I have been lurking some, trying to learn what I can. I have read enough to have developed a high regard to the spirit of this forum and the people who are on it.

while I have had my bike for a few weeks, I just sorted out the title issues (mine came from an MSF school in Illinois) and was purchased with another as a pair by a local fellow. He decided to keep only one as his son hasn’t the time to ride with him as much as he had hoped.

while I am new to the TW I am not new to motorcycles and presently own a couple DR650s, an xt225, a WR250r And a KTM 350exc as dual sport bikes. I also have a couple scooters, a couple Ducati road race / track bikes and a GasGas 300 TX trials bike which humiliates me every time I ride it!

I am super attracted to the straight-forward and basic design and construction of the TW200. It is also inexplicably fun.

meet my bike, “Julio”:

View attachment 221064
"It is also inexplicably fun." It's that so right. There are so many other bikes in the field which are more capable but yet the TW keeps on going. One just can't explain it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hello all,

meet my bike, “Julio”:

View attachment 221064
Welcome to the TW madness!

And, thank you for your interest in bettering the TW suspension. Hope I can take advantage of it soon.

How long you been road racing/track days? Been to JenningsGP?

Reactions: NC Rick

·
Premium Member
2013 TW200, 1972 ST90, 1980 XL250S, 2005 YZ250 AND CAN AM X3 XRS
76 Posts
hey everyone im relatively new to the forums and i need some assistance, in doing a complete rewiring of my 87 TW where i have taken out the entire guts of the electronic wiring and battery and let only the essentials to start it on motor power alone with the kickstart , ive gotten it to the point where i get a spark coming out of the plug and it sounds like it wants to fire but it doesn't and i feel like it has to do with having no killswitch if anyone knows some info about what im doing it would be a great help
I had a problem like this with an XL250 a couple years back. The mechanic who got it going said it had to have a battery installed to run.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, new kinda to this forum, I joined originally in 2014 when I bought my 2013 new.
I had great intentions of riding my bike lots, but life happened.
8 yrs later I have a new (only 200km) TW (that won’t start) in my garage that I want to put some miles on finally.
Looking forward to learning from you all.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi all, new kinda to this forum, I joined originally in 2014 when I bought my 2013 new.
I had great intentions of riding my bike lots, but life happened.
8 yrs later I have a new (only 200km) TW (that won’t start) in my garage that I want to put some miles on finally.
Looking forward to learning from you all.
Welcome to the forum!❤

·
Registered
2008 TW200
20 Posts
Howdy all,

Gained interest in the TW after seeing an online friends. Never touched or rode a motorcycle, but decided to take a basic riders skills course and get my license to see what happens. Lo and behold, the BRS course had one TW200, and I snagged it quickly and spend 9-10 hours on it during the class.

Upon completion of the course I got my license, and a week later a nice 2008 popped up on Facebook marketplace for a price I couldn’t pass. An XT-250 was my first choice, but decided the TW will do for now. Put new rubber on it, along with a new X-ring chain and 47T rear sprocket.

Now working on a custom rear rack for it. I'm the type that will go out of my way to make something myself if I dont like the exact design of an existing part, and I can buy the tooling for less than the price of that item.

Located in Northern Ohio. Not much up here for trail riding, but hope to make connections and maybe get a trailer this summer to expand my reach.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice bike! It matches the Cessna. Would love to see some pics of that also. What year. Looks clean, restored?

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like it, though I am a huge fan of vintage aircraft especially with a military flavor including CIV aircraft converted for MIL use. Yours def looks good in the pics. Clean with classic lines.

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
7 Posts
Old dude here,just got an 04 TW trying to get it sorted out. seems like the older i get the smaller my bikes get.fun little bike so far altho I probley spent more time working on it than riding. Enjoying the forum so far ,have learned alot about the TW in a short while.Have two other bikes a 05 KLR688 that i have put over 87K on and a 2019 CRF250L with 10K on it.Bought the TW mostly to haul on the back of chevy van ,as it is a lot easey to load and unload off the hitch rack.Can't wait to take it to the Ozarks camp and ride,I live in Ms so not that far , just needs to cool off a bit.....LATER

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Old dude here,just got an 04 TW trying to get it sorted out. seems like the older i get the smaller my bikes get.fun little bike so far altho I probley spent more time working on it than riding. Enjoying the forum so far ,have learned alot about the TW in a short while.Have two other bikes a 05 KLR688 that i have put over 87K on and a 2019 CRF250L with 10K on it.Bought the TW mostly to haul on the back of chevy van ,as it is a lot easey to load and unload off the hitch rack.Can't wait to take it to the Ozarks camp and ride,I live in Ms so not that far , just needs to cool off a bit.....LATER
Welcome greybeard!! Once you get to riding, let us hear about some of your bike trips, and with some pics. :cool:

121 - 138 of 138 Posts