TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a place or places? Dad is getting to old to backpack. He misses the Appalachian Mountains, so this seems like a compromise. His go to area was the smokies but I know that is out of the question as that park is run by the fun police.

For those tracking my sporatic posts, I did buy my dad a TRX300 2 wheel drive utility ATV. he has really taken to it and rides his property a few times a week. Thank you all for the advice that lead me to this purchase.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out the Hatfield and Macoy trail system in West VA. About 600 miles of trails. Several trail heads to choose from. Camping, hotels, townships that rely on the sport so jumping into town and a ride down main street to get gas and a burger does not get you a ticket.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out the Hatfield and Macoy trail system in West VA. About 600 miles of trails. Several trail heads to choose from. Camping, hotels, townships that rely on the sport so jumping into town and a ride down main street to get gas and a burger does not get you a ticket.
Been to hayfield McCoy. It was neat. They do not offer back country camping. There are lots of places to ride in Kentucky. I'm looking for somewhere you can camp on the trail, legally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts