TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After learning about the TUBLISS system (Saw it mentioned in the classifieds section) this looks like the cats meow for our ATV tire issues in that it uses a 100 psi liner / sealer / bead lock and also allows ultra low tire pressure (w/o pinch flats) and even run flat features plus the ability to fix flats using the plug system I was wondering if anybody had tried this with a Duro or other ATV rear tire ?

Also (I know TWilight will like this) it says it's lighter than HD tubes

TUbliss Motorcycle Dirt Bike Durable Tires | Nuetech

TuBliss.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Looks like they don't make it in a 14" size :( 18,19 and 21 which are traditional full size dirt bike sizes.

Too bad they don't since this might be just the thing to getting it to mount and atv tire easier.

It seems a lot like the inner liner that nascar uses at some tracks.

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Our Larry from Mississippi showed me at Moab his tube less Duro ATV tire set-up. He had sealed up his spokes on the inside with adhesive sealant more than three years ago w/o any issues since. I had read of his work years ago and was pleased it has given him long worry free service. Being able to plug a flat in the field outweighs any possible issues with potentially loose or broken spokes in my opinion.

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Have seen TUBBLISS for the front, but not for rear 14" rim.
Trailscout indicated he had tried the 18"TUBLISS. The ~$!00 experiment dissapointed him if I recall since a front flat is so easy to fix in non-race situations. Then again last I heard he had ditched the 14" rim for a conventional 18" in the rear.:eek: Can run same trials tires front and rear. Sacrilege? Practical? Readily serviceable in Tierrra del Fuego?

And the very last I heard he was down to riding horses....lots of them.:D

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
How many Brian? Maybe two @ $125 each?
I'm starting to like the glue-ed up spoke idea more and more...almost as much as your 14" trailer wheel/TWhub hybrid. And how is that project coming along TWBrian?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know my Centerline racing wheels (welded seams) and Weld Racing wheels (riveted seams) seal the seam between the two rim halves with silicone but thats just in case of weld porosity. If we could seal the spoke nipples with silicone instead of epoxy then adjustments would still be possible

Either way the tubeless approach is more and more appealing

·
Registered
20,153 Posts
Brian's trailer rim mod looks like the way to go in order to achieve weight reduction, safety, convenience and serviceability of a no-tube ATV rear tire set up. My only question is how many miles Brian rode in order to wear down that Duro down so far:eek:....impressive:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts