·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
That is one incredible packing job.
So that was August... it's November. Where did you go or are you still going?

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yellow waterproof bag= Sleeping Bag and Pillow

Pantiers= clothes on one side and food on the other, jetboil for cooking the mountain house meals

Yellow box =had water and maps

Chair and sleeping pad on the seat behind me

gas on top of the pelican

Tool tubes for the tools

My son had the same only he had the tent as well on the seat behind him

Really not alot of weight over all.

Bungee straps and small cargo net to hold it all down.

oh also put my tennis shoes on my front rack.

Son's box had Water as well as 12v tire pump extra front tube just in case, 11,000+ miles I've never had a flat! I have put ride-on in all three TWs this last summer.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You guys are tough....4 of us in our 20's started out for the Baja from Yakima Wa. on highway bikes...intending to camp and ride the coast all the way …..it rains on the Oregon Coast...who knew ???

By the time we got to Coos Bay we knew that after riding a couple hundred miles a day, we were ready for a bar, a hot shower , a steak with trimmings, and a dry warm soft bed.....no more camping out.....so we ended up giving all the camping gear to a family in a Oregon State Park...... and stayed in motels the remainder of the trip.....in addition, the bikes were a lot more fun to ride on those twisty highways without all that stuff....

I learned a similar lesson about family trail riding …..and so after a days ride, we would return to a motorhome in the evening....when mom is happy....everyone is happy....

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are tough....4 of us in our 20's started out for the Baja from Yakima Wa. on highway bikes...intending to camp and ride the coast all the way …..it rains on the Oregon Coast...who knew ???

By the time we got to Coos Bay we knew that after riding a couple hundred miles a day, we were ready for a bar, a hot shower , a steak with trimmings, and a dry warm soft bed.....no more camping out.....so we ended up giving all the camping gear to a family in a Oregon State Park...... and stayed in motels the remainder of the trip.....in addition, the bikes were a lot more fun to ride on those twisty highways without all that stuff....

I learned a similar lesson about family trail riding …..and so after a days ride, we would return to a motorhome in the evening....when mom is happy....everyone is happy....
Here is our org. Trip around the Olympics in 2007

Olmpic Mtns. Trip 07'

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Me loading my TW into the truck.
Guess which one...!?

[video]https://www.facebook.com/motoXupdates/videos/2032807540191495/[/video]

·
Registered
1,949 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts