TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a post somewhere in the recent Gun thread, I called our PM "One Term Tony"

I would like to apologize to readers here and correct myself to "No Term Tony" :p

Google it if you care, he got the boot here today...:icon_thumright:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Coming Soon to Down Under: PM Barack Allah Akbar :p

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
So is that POS we have in the White House, but for some reason the flaccid GOP won't stand up to the Muzzie Marxist....

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Well Hell, they {Tony and Malcolm}are both Liberals anyway....that's farther left than the Amercian Democrat/Marxist Party....looks like you guys will be having another election come November...sure wish we could dump our fool before 2016:(

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You better prepare yourself Hoot, if Trump is the best they can do, you're in for another term of Lefties. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Hell, they {Tony and Malcolm}are both Liberals anyway....that's farther left than the Amercian Democrat/Marxist Party....looks like you guys will be having another election come November...sure wish we could dump our fool before 2016:(
Nope, Tony wanted to cut everything. He was very "Right", Turnbull is more progressive but unlike most pollies here (and I suspect over in the US too) he was a millionaire businessman before becoming a politician. Career politicians are hopeless, no matter what their ideology. Will be interesting to see if some real-world experience might bring some progress.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Nope, Tony wanted to cut everything. He was very "Right", Turnbull is more progressive but unlike most pollies here (and I suspect over in the US too) he was a millionaire businessman before becoming a politician. Career politicians are hopeless, no matter what their ideology. Will be interesting to see if some real-world experience might bring some progress.
Sounds like Trump....:eek:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
You better prepare yourself Hoot, if Trump is the best they can do, you're in for another term of Lefties. :)
Trump is a sideshow...but compared to the left wing and RINOS that are being put out by both parties....he would be a breath of fresh air....

But anything would be better than that nasty Iron Dyke Hillzilla Klinton....her evil is right down in the bowels of Hell like Obama...

Cruz 2016

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
U got that right. and when 47% of the citizens are on the Tax Payer's dole, they have the votes....because you'll always get other PC types to go along with your wishes{until the money runs out}...

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I don't know much about the politics down under but I sure do follow them here. Opinions are just like something else we all have and mine is no different.

For as long as I have been alive we have been electing members of the political class, career politicians who can raise campaign money, give stirring speeches and blow smoke up our asses but never fix a dam thing done. Social Security has been being fixed for as long as I have paid into it but it is as broke now and when I first started paying for it. The deficit keeps rising, the poor get poorer and more of them every cycle and nice guys always finish last. We have a guy running this country who has never run so much as a Candy Store and he along with all the other elected officials are running us off a cliff.

I can't say which of the current candidates will be the best at this stage of the process but I certainly am thinking we need a true SOB with a deep background in business who is not afraid to tell all to go pound salt up their collective rears and do what must be done to make this country profitable. We can't afford to experiment with these bought politicians who owe their souls to special interests that have paid their way all the way. Is Trump the one? Who knows? What we do know about him is he knows business and he know failure and success because he has lived it and survived, quite well I would say. He sure is an insufferable bastard but he is not in debt to anyone and not at all afraid to speak his mind. They all hate him and every one of them will have their guns trained on him tomorrow night at the second debate. If he ever does become our President I really hope some of the first words/actions out of his mouth are "You are fired" and he can start with John Bonehead and Bitch McConnell.

GaryL

·
Registered
343 Posts
I love reading all these comments. Here and on news sites.

Secretly, in my mind, whenever I hear of a bought politician, special interest, etc., my mind immediately, and involuntarily, cues up and plays one of the greater lines ever to be said on the screen.

Roy L. Fuchs: I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs. You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a bitch stayed bought.

Used Cars (1980) - I'd link to the trailer, but I don't even need sound to know it is not family friendly. :eek:

You'll have to find it yourself ;)

Good Stuff.

:icon_thumright:

They don't make 'em like that anymore.

:dread:

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
This is a new era! When we buy things/politicians today it is only really just a lease! A contract is just a legal term guaranteed to cost you money when the lawyers argue about the words written in black and white. What we have to really wonder these days is how many of these Punk Politicians Trump has bought because there isn't one of them that can buy him?

GaryL

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ask any Aussie about Paul Keating and most would say that a gut shot would have been a good thing but he was the last good PM we had. He expected people to have intelligence and explained things that needed to be done and we listened and made a decision on to follow his lead or not. We have had good people in the spot since but they seemed to be swayed by advisers and polls, that's not how you run a country - you need to LEAD.

Keating was a statesman, he had the confidence to get up and say where we need to go and this is how we are going to do it. He then left it up to us to back him. I presume Menzies was the same but that was before my time.

If Malcolm Turnbull owns a TW200 and is reading this, all I can say is put the country first (not your polling figures) and lead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts