TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TW200 thread on the Two Wheeled Texans forum has grown to four pages and has taken on a life of its own. Some good TW info including a trailer, but the powder coater who started it is now beginning to post some eye candy if you are interested.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Very nice!!!! I'd import a neat smilie here but I don't want to catch hell. Thanks for the post. OM

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ayers.....I read in the above that you've had popping etc,has the bike been rejetted and pilot screw turned out approx. 2.5 turns?.

Once I got it running consistently, I put a 120 main jet in it and two shims under the needle. Runs real well now. I got all of that squared away before I tore it down.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Nice seeing such a high level of love being thrown at a TW. Good on ya.

That thing is gunna be gorgeous.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's coming along very well. I have a large order from Powersports Plus due delivery tomorrow. Mainly, I'm in a bit of a holding pattern waiting for the cash for a gas tank, skidplate, seat, and hand guards.

Like I mentioned over there, it's a staggering amount of work and effort to make one just so. I timed it and I have 8 hours in the rear wheel alone. That's dis-assembly, prep and powdercoating the various parts, respoking and truing, then mounting the tire (backwards I might add. need to flip it around).

For the folks who don't want to visit the other board.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Your bike project is looking really nice. On the 2 wheel Texan link I noted you had purchased a new OIL FILTER.... Hope you checked to see if it had those all important holes. We have had a couple of folks end up with mislabeled filters that ended up damaging their heads. Gerry

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Are you going the black widow route? I love the red and black look. I did my little bw like thay. Notice the tw's old seat pad is on it now. Geels great but covers that sweet red seat.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Been working hard on it. Out of money and still need a Clarke tank, seat, skidplate and hand guards so progress will slow for a bit. The powder color is called "Hot Orange". It looks pretty red till the sun hits it and then it goes orange. While building it, I replaced all of the seals, gaskets, and wear items with new stuff. I'm looking to have a 100 percent worry free, reliable bike when finished.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I think it's safe to say that you're about to set the standard.

"Nice work" don't even come close to cuttin' it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I appreciate the kind words. It's been a lot of work.

The deal is, me and my buddy at the fire station want to branch out into off road riding so we figured we'd each get Tee Dubs to ride Big Bend and Arkansas and all those pretty places on. I wanted mine to be dead nuts reliable and problem free so I went ahead and tore it down and replaced any and all wear parts like seals and such. I had a bunch of this hot orange powder left over from a big job I did for a customer awhile back so I didn't even have to buy powder for the project.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
This bike is looking AMAZING!!!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
The only problem I see is that it's going to look so pretty you won't want to get it dirty! I've seen guys build up show Harley's and then be afraid that a bug will mess up their paint.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don't worry about that. I have bikes in my shop that I restored and never put gas in the tank. They're just for display purposes. This bike isn't one of them. If I screw it up by riding it, I'll fix it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts