TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Washington State and Alaska in the summer and AZ in the winter. I was wondering if anyone has done the AZ Peace Trail yet. Where I live in Lake Havasu City AZ in the winter is right on the Trail. I only have a quad in AZ and it is not street legal. So I am thinking I need to either buy another TW for my home in AZ or transport my bike down from WA. ...:D

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

We rode from Blythe down to Cibolla on our way to Yuma in January.
Part of the Arizona Trail coincided with some of what we rode.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I winter in Quartzsite, and live only a mile from the trail. I haven't actually followed the route as per say, but I'm sure I have ridden a number of miles on it. I cross the signs every once and a while.

i know I have ridden north of Bouce on it. Many miles are flat gravel maintained roads around Quartzsite. AZ Sunriders is the ATV club in town. I think I'm the only member that rides a dual sport. Most are either SxS or ATVs. They have rides every tues and wed out of La Paz and sat twice a month during the winter.

There is also a 38 page atlas for Quartzsite area. The BLM has a new map out, but I haven't see it yet.

·
Registered
392 Posts
The trail officially opened last year, but has been in the making for several years. I don't think any new trails were built, some improvements and modifications, but just a matter of linking them all together.

This year they were funded $200,000 in grants from AZ. I think it is the most organized trail system in the state.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Captainkettle
Thanks for starting this thread.
I, too have a house in Quartzsite. And ride quite a bit with Randy(rmartin)
I am hoping to ride the peace trail this coming winter/spring.
My wife wants to do it too.
The discussion is she would be in a side by side. Kind of like a support vehicle.
I'm not sure how difficult it would be on a tw. But it sure would be cool
Right now we are in the dream phase of doing this
Hopefully we can gain more info on it when we get back down there this winter
We also get up to Havasu now and then
If you get to quartzsite please look myself or Randy up. You can personal message us
Thanks, Eric

Ps.
Randy I went by your place last week and said hi to Buffalo. Everything looks good

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Let us know when you might do this. We might like to join you guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Let us know when you might do this. We might like to join you guys.
If it happens. It will probably be in February.
The weather gets better,and it will give us some time to investigate in January.
Also quartzsite is fun/busy in January
Hopefully some guys make it down there again in 2018

·
Registered
435 Posts
Kofa, Will be back this winter to ride. I'm in Joshua Tree so a quick 2hrs for me, Q will be wintering there as usual, see you and Martin for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts