TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a big adventure ride but still a ride, I rode over to Ewing Airport to see a B29 from WW2
It was the type of plane that released the 2 Atomic Bombs on Japan to shorten the War .

The plane was amazing. Perfect to every detail,loaded with 500lb bombs.
10 dollars to walk through and 1500 to get a flight. I forgot my wallet so I just did th 10 dollar walk through.Talking to people in the long line, a realized the know it all pilot next to me didn't know nearly as much as I did about the plane. And the mom taking her 16 year old son to see the plane was a really cool person. She spoke to her kid about the plane asking smart questions and never embarrassed the kid as loving mothers can do.

The TW is a tough little machine. My 87 is old and ugly but I think I have more fun on it as if I spent thousands more on a Tenere

I rode though the Pine Barrons on a lot of roads I was unfamiliar with. So I spent most of my time lost and I didn't care. I racked up 180 miles and had a great time. I changed gearing to 15/44 and I'm happy with it for road riding. Sure could use another 100 cc for roads like Rt195. 20190622_131117.jpg
I was glad I went. I wish I had someone close to ride thier tw with me on roads they don't belong 20190622_120443.jpg

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Good ol' Fifi. The effort the Confederate Air Force has done and keeps on doing to keep her flying is amazing. Oops, not PC.....I mean the Commemorative Air Force. :p

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
That plane is so cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts