TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cold winter day looking through my photo albums. I found a few of Little TopPredator. Lol
These were taken in West Virginia at my Grandfathers farm. The pony I am on belonged to my uncle. His name was Scout and I rode him offen when I was older. Notice the logs they used to build the house.
Let's see some of yours.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Growing up in the little berg of Scott, Ohio, on the Paulding/Van Wert County Line.....these 2, one with my dad's single shot 12 ga shotgun{still have it today, it was given to him back in the early 1920s by his grandfather} and a Red Fox he dispatched, around 1952...and the other, either the summer before or after, as I was shielding my eyes from the sun in Grandma Houseworth's Orchard:

pat red fox.jpg pat red fox 2.jpg

and then later on, around 1955 in South Venice, Florida, where the family had relocated to the Summer before:

Pat Venice 1955.jpg

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Growing up in the little berg of Scott, Ohio, on the Paulding/Van Wert County Line.....these 2, one with my dad's single shot 12 ga shotgun{still have it today, it was given to him back in the early 1920s by his grandfather} and a Red Fox he dispatched, around 1952...and the other, either the summer before or after, as I was shielding my eyes from the sun in Grandma Houseworth's Orchard:

View attachment 13978 View attachment 13979

and then later on, around 1955 in South Venice, Florida, where the family had relocated to the Summer before:

View attachment 13980
Good pictures Hoot. Must have been cool growing up in Florida. I had Aunt that lived in Coco Beach and I loved visiting her in the early 60s

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
It was a great place back in the 50s and 60s.....not so much these days, way to many illegals, perverts, and "Blue Hairs" driving at 85+ years old not having a clue where they are going. Paradise has been lost.....but I was growing up there when it was....{paradise}:p

·
Registered
485 Posts
Misc Pics0001010101320004.jpg Misc Pics0001010101320011.jpg Misc Pics0001010101320021.jpg
Here's a few of Lil Hekkler (Will) at age 2 with a Chinook salmon and age 2 with grandparents, dad and a whole mess of Coho salmon and age 9 with a Coho in Sekiu WA. Good thing I love to eat fish. I was born with a pole in my hand.

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Hoot, my mother has a picture of me in the same shirt leaning against the same palm tree with the same unhappy look after being scolded. Actually, we lived about 30 miles north of you in the citrus groves east of Oneco. I think every little boy had one of those print shirts--they were all the rage with our moms back then.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Hoot, my mother has a picture of me in the same shirt leaning against the same palm tree with the same unhappy look after being scolded. Actually, we lived about 30 miles north of you in the citrus groves east of Oneco. I think every little boy had one of those print shirts--they were all the rage with our moms back then.
Actually I think the traveling photographers brought those shirts along as they traveled .... and our Mom's bought into the "Glamor Shot"....I think mom{who turns 91 in April} told me the story of how she came to buying these photos, even though we were pretty dirt poor at the time.....Great Story if I remember:D

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I don't remember any traveling photographers, but Gramma worked for the Sarasota newspaper and ran her groves then so if any photographers were about she'd of stolen their shirts and provided a darn good reason for doing so. I don't remember having any other shirts with buttons at that point in my life and got a scolding for taking too long trying to figure out how to button the darn thing. The pictures were for my dad, who was in Korea killing collectivists at the time. Imagine that!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I don't remember any traveling photographers, but Gramma worked for the Sarasota newspaper and ran her groves then so if any photographers were about she'd of stolen their shirts and provided a darn good reason for doing so. I don't remember having any other shirts with buttons at that point in my life and got a scolding for taking too long trying to figure out how to button the darn thing. The pictures were for my dad, who was in Korea killing collectivists at the time. Imagine that!
My first job ever was delivering the Sarasota Sun-Times beginning in 1960.....kept that job until we moved to Ohio in 1963:p

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I delivered 44,000 pounds of dog food to a wet nose resort today. Yours is cuter than any of those wealthy dogs. Probably happier, too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts