TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I was a trouble making Horses's Petute during my Military Service as a Air Force Cop{Air/Security Police} I have come to terms with my service, both in Vietnam and stateside....these days I usually attend 3 or more reunions of fellow SPs would were in Vietnam and then a couple of times per year I head the 80 miles from Celina to Kokomo/Greentown Indiana to break bread, down some beers and homemade Moonshine with Vietnam and other veterans of all the services...

This D-Day weekend we held the "Mini" Reunion called "Firebase Kokomo" which draws 1300-1500 folks for the camping weekend, the Major Reunion in September, has drawn as many as 10,000....I'm neither a big fan of Camping{aka sleeping in the back of my Dodge Nitro} or large crowds...but do make exception twice a year for these events:

Home

Our group is headed by fellow "Sky Cop" Tommy McCandless from Southern Indiana, and we locate at the 'Boar's Nest" each summer and early fall.....one thing about our group, we never go hungry or thirsty....talk about 'taking care of our own"...these fellow veterans from around the Midwest and Nation, never leave a fellow Veteran without a bite to eat or a cold drink, of all types....

Kokomjo 2015 Mini.jpg

I think I gained back to my pre-Moab weight in just 48 hours...:sad2:

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More Images from Kokomo

Kokomo Mina Boar's Nest June 2015 013.JPG Kokomo Mina Boar's Nest June 2015 011.JPG Kokomo Mina Boar's Nest June 2015 009.JPG Kokomo Mina Boar's Nest June 2015 006.JPG Kokomo Mina Boar's Nest June 2015 007.JPG

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
When I visited Kokomo they spelled it with only one "M". When I read the post title "Komomo" I figured Hoot must speak Japanese too.:rolleyes: I have made spelling errors in the past with titles and needed a moderator to correct my third grade spelling skills.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Typo Fred...I lived in the dump while working in Radio as the Morning Drive News Anchor....WIOU/WZWZ Radio Kokomo back in the late 70s...actually about 3 miles west of where the Howard County VN Vets Compound is now located....:p

WIOU.jpg

I like the area much better these days than I did back then....

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is What it's All About:

Home

1 - 5 of 5 Posts