TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ,
I was on here a few years ago with a couple of my TW's , still have them great bikes .
The new build is a big wheel DR350 , Tecate front end and BW200 rear .
Just got done the front caliper adapter for the KXT forks ... Never find a good caliper so I adapted one I have sitting around it was like new .

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian ,
Parts just keep rolling in , I just ordered a xt350 Clarke tank , was going to use the STI raidial tires but talked to a buddy and they would be a odd shape he told me . I went with the ITP mud liters have a much rounder shape .
Using a 250r front wheel has steel inserts , I machined up some custom shoulder lugs .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys ,
Had to fab up a new heat sheild for under the Yamaha XT350 plastic Clarke tank , it's going to fit perfect the Tecate KXT250 triple will have full turning range .
I got triple and tank prefit today , I had the mill 10 mill off the stem , I was lucky to have a rotating indexer and did it on a Bridgeport to get the top bearing to drop down far enough , just have to make a spacer to take up the difference .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did up a few TW200's over the years , I have had a nice pile of parts I have been gathering over the years , the 86/87 Tecate triples are pretty rare .
I have a full machine shop , the bike is a lot of fabrication but trying to not getting carried away on this build but don't think that's going to happen .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Waiting on parts to roll in , my buddy works for " Works Performance " He has my forks and rear shock , Got my front tire and mounted ... Will post some more pics once I start making more progress .
Front tire is awesome ...
That's a custom heat sheild lined on the inside with heat reflective fiberglass , DR350 have in frame oil tank , th stock heat shield is cheap flimsy metal my version is beefed up , plus you will notice the new rubber tank mount , new location for the xt350 Plastic Clarke tank .
Still waiting on parts .

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Getting a little more interesting , Got the swingarm all machined up , waiting for some Delrin material to come in and I will make up some bushings and inserts but looks like it will work out pretty nice .
I was able to convert the jack shaft bearings from 2 open grease bearings to 3 sealed bearings , plus I will run OEM style seals to keep out the crap .

View attachment 46961

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
IMG_1476.JPG I was able to get the bike out for a test ride over the weekend , handles really well , I am still waiting for a seat concepts XT350 cover and pad to button put the rear of the bike .
I still have to fab up some head light brackets and a new trail tech speedometer .
Just made my own version of a stainless steel chain gaurd .
IMG_1492.JPG

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Very nice project.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks buddy , its coming along just waiting on a few parts . I just made up a aluminum mounting bracket , going to use the stock dr350 headlight tabs and they will bolt up perfect to my bracket , going to retain the original gauge cluster but add a electronic speedo .
IMG_1499.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Your work is awesome. Major envy from this end.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts