TW200 Forum banner

BEST MOAB DATES FOR THE GATHERING

• Total voters
541 - 560 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Back to our scheduled activities, or lack thereof. Let us try to nail down at least one group get together at the north camp as proposed and enjoy camaraderie and Mel's beans. Mel should suggest a day and time that works for him since we are expecting him to do the heavy lifting while we yak and swill beer.
I had mentioned a sunday afternoon ride followed by raiding Mel's BBQ, However Mel's idea is better with a possible afternoon get together. Could the Seven Mile Rim be done in the morning followed by the North camp shenanigans? The advantage is that Sunday we are all available and will be north of town anyways. Done right there might be time to ride early, offer showers @ KOA for non-KOAers then return for the party.
This might be too much for one day for those who arrive saturday after a long journey, so the ride portion should be elective.
What say ye?

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I say Hoot, Borneo, Weasel, and Nick, will arrive sometime after Noon on Saturday....and Sunday is looking good{but can't speak for the rest of em'} But I plan on a good long ride Sunday{depending on weather of course} but the North Camp Shindig on Sunday is OK by me....

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Fred on all my dive trips the first dive is a get wet dive easy 20 to 30 feet, for some they have been out of the water for sometime and have to get back in the groove.

And the STEAK If I bring up Costco meat I don't want it in a ice chest for 4 or 5 days as I would put it in the chest Thursday so I am thinking of just getting it local.

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Other than Bodi and a buddy who seem to have to take off sometime Sunday 22nd we should all be up for a full day of fun. Get wet dive into the surrounding hills followed by socializing and hopefully the BBQ? Mel, others. this OK?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Whatever you all decide to run is fine with me since I've been on most all of the runs around Moab and will be back down there again April 1st for 5 days. Since I have a flight to catch I will be leaving Monday afternoon. If some of you take 7 mile on Sunday I will join that ride and if not Mike and I will probably run up Poison Spider across Golden Spike and down Gold Bar back to camp before dinner.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I am making my final load out this morning and getting on the road. I am going to do some wandering in Nevada on the way over to Moab, intending to be there Friday afternoon or evening.
I will be easy to spot. White Chevy pickup with my Wilderness 5th wheel trailer with a motorcycle trailer in tow with both TW's and a BBQ pit on it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I am making my final load out this morning and getting on the road. I am going to do some wandering in Nevada on the way over to Moab, intending to be there Friday afternoon or evening.
I will be easy to spot. White Chevy pickup with my Wilderness 5th wheel trailer with a motorcycle trailer in tow with both TW's and a BBQ pit on it.
Safe travels Mel.

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Mel, you gonna take the Northern Nevada RailRoad steam locomotive in Ely? Tour their museum at least? Well worth the delay. Maybe I'll see you on the road, I'll try to head out Thursday, maybe overnight @ Great Basin National Park and visit Lehman caves.
. View attachment 14833 View attachment 14834 images.jpeg images-2.jpeg

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Darn, what happened to my Choo Choo pics? Here they are again:
Ely_railway_station_geograph-2168603.jpg engine-40.jpg ..
90 minute steam train ride is a memory maker.

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Mel, maybe borrow this puppy for a quick roll down the tracks of history?.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Time just caught up, been waiting for this day, one day pack up and get going. Wow, been waiting sooooooo long for this to happen. Will be so glad to catch up you all down there. Will be toting some firewood, a quad, TW on a 5500 dodge flatbed. Honk at me if you see me so we can hook up.

I will have an Alaskan license plate on that red dodge, easy to spot.

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Along with getting everything packed and ready to go, we gotta make sure Georgie is too. So we decided to give her a bath.

Not sure what happened? Bad water? Wrong dog shampoo? Something doesn't seem quite right!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I am setting in a campground in Salida for the night with a short trip to Moab in the morning. Maybe 150 miles.
Anytime is fine with me for the BBQ.
Traveling has been great, 395 up through Bishop, US6 to Tonopah, then to Ely and the train Museum, Salida tonight.
my Cell 805-441-0691
Mel

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Electrical problem with the camper hogged up a lot of the day, just got it fixed. Heading out at 0600, safe travels to you all.

541 - 560 of 593 Posts