TW200 Forum banner

BEST MOAB DATES FOR THE GATHERING

• Total voters
581 - 595 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Part of the KOA Crew back in March 2015... Zdiver Paul, Borneo, "The Judge", Spencer "Weasel", Montezuma Nick, and Hoot...

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Pretty Nostalgic going through this stuff...a distraction from the Winter Boredom … since I no longer officiate basketball or football {still do some baseball in the summer}, and I only put a few days (4 to 7) a month in at Honda Engine ...wintertime retirement gives me plenty of time to sort through these old memories:?

Dinner at the Blu Pig in downtown Moab...

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Mel's Kitchen at the North Camp Site...March 2015

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Another Blast from the Past...Moab 2015: Fred photo #2 getting ready to head out on Mel's Ride on a burrowed TW after "Betty" went down photo #1 on a ride with Borneo and Hoot:

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Thanks to a family in a quad who loaned us a quart of oil, Fred was able to get Betty up and running and enough strength to get back to the KOA for repair work...

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
Hoot, you're getting nostalgic on us. Does this mean a serious contemplation of a return to Moab in 2020? There is still a lot of riding of all difficulties to do. Good people and good scenery go along with the good riding.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
There has been talk about another ride besides Moab this year. I am kind of up in the air about what our group is planning for this year. I would miss riding with good friends this year. I was hoping to stop by on the way back from Quartsite, do some time before heading back to Washington. Will be heading to SC in May for a while. Hope to catch some ridign there also.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There has been talk about another ride besides Moab this year. I am kind of up in the air about what our group is planning for this year. I would miss riding with good friends this year. I was hoping to stop by on the way back from Quartsite, do some time before heading back to Washington. Will be heading to SC in May for a while. Hope to catch some ridign there also.
Randall at this time subject to change. Carole and I plan to arrive at the usual north camp about April 28. Then follow Admiral May 1 to a new south camp until about May 5. Then we plan to go to the 4 corners area for a week. Then head west to be in northern California by the 15th. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Hoot, you're getting nostalgic on us. Does this mean a serious contemplation of a return to Moab in 2020? There is still a lot of riding of all difficulties to do. Good people and good scenery go along with the good riding.
I will be getting back out there, before I die, God Willing...just have not figured out when and what I will be doing...with the Jeep and TW,? Perhaps both, with the wife? Perhaps...one thing for sure I cannot stand crowds {2015 was great, because the Jeep riders did not arrive until we were packing up} or Cold weather riding...late Spring or October of 202? are what I'm looking at, but that is into change, depending on what I see here in this group....

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
The Ultimate Canyonland Selfie: After our ride to the top....

Reactions: Andre

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
And finally {maybe} here is a look back at the Original Moab 2015 thread starter...My God...Ron in Boise {RIP}, Mel {RIP} Psycho Mike {RIP we Think?} 3 of the major players and planners are gone to their various rewards ...but thank God those of us left still have these photos and stories...BUMP BABY BUMP!

Enjoy one more time... 🍻

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Just spent the evening reading and viewing this thread, while we have had 4 inches of rain dumped on us today, with another 2 or 3 predicted, major flood warnings in effect until 2:30am...bells and whistles going off en masse...

But reading this thread I just realized what a great damn time we had...Ron in Boise, sadly only stayed a day or two, then his health issues forced him back home....these types of get togethers are only once or twice in a lifetime, if you are lucky....

Reading back we were hoping that maybe 10 or 12 of us would make it...but the time we hit Moab it was over 30....Great Times

RIP Mel and Ron... 👍

581 - 595 of 595 Posts