TW200 Forum banner

BEST MOAB DATES FOR THE GATHERING

• Total voters
581 - 593 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Part of the KOA Crew back in March 2015... Zdiver Paul, Borneo, "The Judge", Spencer "Weasel", Montezuma Nick, and Hoot...

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Pretty Nostalgic going through this stuff...a distraction from the Winter Boredom … since I no longer officiate basketball or football {still do some baseball in the summer}, and I only put a few days (4 to 7) a month in at Honda Engine ...wintertime retirement gives me plenty of time to sort through these old memories:😊

Dinner at the Blu Pig in downtown Moab...

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Mel's Kitchen at the North Camp Site...March 2015

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Another Blast from the Past...Moab 2015: Fred photo #2 getting ready to head out on Mel's Ride on a burrowed TW after "Betty" went down photo #1 on a ride with Borneo and Hoot:

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Thanks to a family in a quad who loaned us a quart of oil, Fred was able to get Betty up and running and enough strength to get back to the KOA for repair work...

·
Registered
19,433 Posts
Hoot, you're getting nostalgic on us. Does this mean a serious contemplation of a return to Moab in 2020? There is still a lot of riding of all difficulties to do. Good people and good scenery go along with the good riding.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
There has been talk about another ride besides Moab this year. I am kind of up in the air about what our group is planning for this year. I would miss riding with good friends this year. I was hoping to stop by on the way back from Quartsite, do some time before heading back to Washington. Will be heading to SC in May for a while. Hope to catch some ridign there also.

·
Registered
208 Posts
There has been talk about another ride besides Moab this year. I am kind of up in the air about what our group is planning for this year. I would miss riding with good friends this year. I was hoping to stop by on the way back from Quartsite, do some time before heading back to Washington. Will be heading to SC in May for a while. Hope to catch some ridign there also.
Randall at this time subject to change. Carole and I plan to arrive at the usual north camp about April 28. Then follow Admiral May 1 to a new south camp until about May 5. Then we plan to go to the 4 corners area for a week. Then head west to be in northern California by the 15th. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Hoot, you're getting nostalgic on us. Does this mean a serious contemplation of a return to Moab in 2020? There is still a lot of riding of all difficulties to do. Good people and good scenery go along with the good riding.
I will be getting back out there, before I die, God Willing...just have not figured out when and what I will be doing...with the Jeep and TW,? Perhaps both, with the wife? Perhaps...one thing for sure I cannot stand crowds {2015 was great, because the Jeep riders did not arrive until we were packing up} or Cold weather riding...late Spring or October of 202? are what I'm looking at, but that is into change, depending on what I see here in this group....

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
The Ultimate Canyonland Selfie: After our ride to the top....

581 - 593 of 593 Posts