TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Back to the Hills Ride Report

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Roninboise 
#1 ·
It was a great day to head to the hills. The temps were around 60 up high and the wind was blowing. My TW was running good and my frequent riding partner Larry (also serves as my wrecker) was able to get off the farm for a day of adventure. We left my place in Boise about 11:15am and headed across town to the bottom of Rocky Canyon and the Shaw mtn road.

It is aptly named Rocky Canyon!

I moved to Idaho from North Dakota in 1972. Larry and I grew up 35 miles apart in ND but did not meet until 1980. We are both adventure kids and have shared a lot of fun activities. This photo is 5 miles from my house on todays ride. Nothing like this in ND.

When we reached Aldape summit we turned left up the connecter 2 track to 8th street and the Ridge Road. Neat view from this 2 track.

Up a couple of mile there is a side track that goes down to the Toll Gate road. We followed it down To Robie Creek road turned left and head up to Crooked Summit. This was a great place to take a break and eat our lunch.

When we reached the Boise Ridge Road we headed North. I was determined to find The Daggett Creek trail. One should be careful what they wish for. This is a view of Stack Rock from our vantage point. The air was cool with almost a chill to it.

Finally, we came upon the familiar start of the Daggett Creek Trail.

The Devil made me do it. This has never been an easy single track and it had not improved since I last road it about 20 years ago. Within about ½ mile the trail deteriorates as rapidly as it descends. Soon the softball sized rocks became a shale slide and we skated to the bottom of the canyon. It looked vaguely familiar but our options were extremely limited. We headed down stream, literally, as the trail and the stream became one. After about ¼ mile of this we decided that this was all of this kind of fun we needed so we turned around, while we still could. Right where we had hit the canyon bottom there was another trail that headed out a different way. Well, ya just have to check it out. Conclusion, this sucks worse that the way we came down into Daggett Creek so lets just get the flock out of here. We made it back up to the Ridge Road. If this trail was on my Bucket List it is now on my feces list.

The Ridge Road led us to the connecter to Bogus Basin Road so back home we went; a total of 60 miles. A great day to be cruising on our TWs and no worse for wear. My wife swears that every time we go riding we are addicted to Near Death Experiences.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nothing like a gnarly trail to get your adrenaline pumping! fun! I love finding trails and seeing where the hell they go.

#4 ·
Good to see you and your buddy out on the trail again. Feces, at our age, we know it well.. Things here have been on the cool side for the last week. Interesting how we grumble when it gets up around a 100. Last Sunday (June 24th) I grumbled cause it was 64 and my short sleeved shirt left me feeling a bit cool. Maybe I am just a hard guy to please. Gerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.