TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lousy weather again around here. Did a little maint. on the TW. New front pads, changed oil, greased swing arm. Bought a new chain cleaning brush to try this year. Should make chain maintenance a little quicker and easier. Can't wait until spring, I want to get back out there and find some new riding places!

pads.JPG brush.JPG

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Scotti, you sure got your money's worth out of those front disc brake pads. Good job!
I'll let someone else tease you about no need to clean and lube your chain if you had an O-ring chain.
I vote for a return to Spring also.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
did you check the slides on the caliper? both pads should be all most equally worn. if the slides on the caliper are seized up, then you'll only be getting 1/2 the braking power as one pad isn't being used. much like your picture

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
I keep meaning to get one of those chain brushes but always slips my mind...until I'm in Moab and need it!

Winter hasn't departed for us yet. Doing what I can. Closer we get the less chance we have of pulling off our annual valentines weekend riding.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
did you check the slides on the caliper? both pads should be all most equally worn. if the slides on the caliper are seized up, then you'll only be getting 1/2 the braking power as one pad isn't being used. much like your picture
The pad on the top is one of the old, pad on bottom is one of the new.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
I'm glad I didn't tease you then. I use a wax product on my O-ring chain and it always amazes an old dirt biker like me to see a shiny chain. No more chain lube streaks up the back of my riding jacket anymore is a pleasant novelty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts