TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that didnt take long...
Guess that's what i get for talking smack saying lomax was scared.

I told him my riding boots were making a funny noise when i walked. Found out when i was in standing water the whole side of my left boot's blown out. Then i tell him my bike was making a funny noise on my way home from the bottoms today, and when he went to check, low and behold, i've got a stupid friggin flat. Seriously??? Just grrrr..... I am one sad bug. :( :upset::tearyeyed::crushed:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sorry
What caused the flat?
My last 3 bikes have been alloy wheels, with tubeless tires.
Not excited about having tubes, again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry
What caused the flat?
My last 3 bikes have been alloy wheels, with tubeless tires.
Not excited about having tubes, again.
I have no clue. Maybe a thistle. I stopped to explore the flowers around an old house place to see if there would be enough to go down my driveway, and there's lots of those pokey trees over there. my whole trip isnt more than 3.5 miles, so bad luck (karma) is what im blaming it on.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Poor unhappy mudbug. Simply have Lomax tell you to stop making all those funny noises.
Ride-On tire sealant might make a practical Valentine's gift if accompanied by some nice flowers. Ride-On Tire Balancer and Sealant -8 oz. - M/C 41208EACH
As far as boots go my wife tells me a lady can't have too many shoes.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's my front tire. :mad: lomax aired it up and we'll see how it looks tomorrow morning. i can't believe the first time i wandered off the beaten track by myself, i screwed up my tire. grrr.
on the positive side of things, i did save a bunch of frog eggs. can't wait to check them again in a few days to see how they're progressing
froggg.jpg
they're twice as big now. :frog:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I left it with 20 psi in the tire last night to see how it did. was still on 18-19 psi this morning. I don't know if maybe the tube already has something in it to help seal or not (bike was used) but I lowered the pressure down to normal operating range before I came to work this morning so mudbug could go check her frog eggs.... :D :p

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
Dear Lord, if it takes hills, whoops, water, mud or flats to slow that gal down, it's ok, just keep her safe. She's another Evil Knievel... :laughing7:

:happy8:

Reactions: mudbug and Lomax

·
Registered
715 Posts
I did not peruse the entire thread, so a few questions:
1. Cost?
2. Any MPG effect (very stiff walls maybe?) = more rolling resistance?
3. Any effect on top speed?
4. How does it handle on rain groves, parallel to direction of travel?
5. Now that you have run for a while, would you do it again?

Cost = I got tires from a friend with connections. Probably $100 for both of the tires - we traded, no cash involved.
MPG = never measured it. The rear tire is heavy, plus I am using a HD tube. The tire is stiff as a board. I also geared down and replaced the front tire too. I sure the MPG is less than a stock TW. Gas is cheap though :)
Top Speed = with stock gearing I could still pull 65 mph on the tar, 0 issues. I have re-geared now and havnt done WOT redline test yet.
Handling = just fine, but I dont do much tar with it
Do it again = YES, the traction is unbelievable and I don't have to worry about flats again. No mods for installing the tire, stock rim, tube, swing arm and gearing worked just fine.

·
Registered
715 Posts
6. Does it have the plastic insert for a true run-flat?
No plastic insert - do you know of one?????

When the OEM tire was off, I sealed and wrapped all the spokes with duct tape. I installed HD Michelin tube.

On the TW, the rear tire really does not need any air, there is no difference in handling, feel, tire squish etc... with the tire at 0 psi or at 6psi...NONE. The TW is so light and slow it the PSI doesn't make any difference. The bead at 0 psi has had no issues, never popped off with all the driving I have done. I keep it at 6 psi though.

The run flat tire I am using is meant for a military ATV that is very heavy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts