TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen, Im new here and would very much like to Thank You All for this site. I really enjoy the free sharing of both knowledge and experience that happens here daily. Uncommon in todays society and always a great pleasure to see . Now to my problem / blessing. Found a 1988 TW with 6800 miles, bought it fast.Got a pic of it trapped on the test site . Not real good with computers! Anyway just discovered why the bike set for 20 some years. Seems the primary driven gear is cracked . I choose to look at this as a good thing. because its most likely the reason the bike never got used. Thing is I checked 2 places and the part is not available. Local dealer (nice guy ) just does not want to listen to me . I told him he needed to warranty the dang thing, only has 8000 miles on it. He has some kind of 30 year argument stuck in his head . You know how kids are today . Anyway Im wanting to buy a complete clutch that will work on an 88 bike At this point , if one of you have one not being used , Im willing to pay more than a fair price for it. Thank You Im going to start looking for some other option in case no one has one they will part with HAPPY HOLIDAYS

·
Registered
57 Posts
Man! I see what you mean. I tried 6 or 7 places for you and can't seem to find one either. Apparently, that part number...

3NS-16150-00-00

has been discontinued from Yamaha. There IS a used one on ebay right now...but unfortunately, IT has one of the clutch fingers broken on it. Maybe someone here can help.

Sorry,
Russ

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Interesting, it appears that the TW125 has a 4-plate clutch.

The TW200 has a 5-plate clutch, and the TTR225/XT225's have a 6-Plate clutch. Not sure about a TW225. (Maybe Purple will tear into his bike and let us know :eek:;):D!)

Picture of a TW125 clutch.

TW125 Clutch.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,851 Posts
Some 125's run to 5 plates - my 225 is keeping its secret :p

There is some variance on the plates on the 125 - 4 or 5 - depends on the year .....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Weird...the 3NS-16150-00-00 part number was carried until 1997....then, in 1998, the number became 15A-16150-00-00 (which IS available). It looks like all of the other associated parts on the clutch schematic are the same. I wonder what the difference could be and if the 15A part (which is used from 1998-2018) would work?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts