TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I will be selling our bikes soon. I have some bad health news for you. Recently I’ve been having trouble with my knees so I’ve been worried about wreaking one or both out riding. But now I will have to sell them because I can’t see.I just got out of ICU because of a mini stroke to my left eye. Now I am completely blind in that eyewith no chance of recovery. The problem is that was my good eye. I was was born with a defect in my right eye. The good news is I do have some vision but problem not strong enough to drive any more. I can barely see to type this. Susan and I have had an awesome time riding our TWs and meeting and riding with all o you. We may get a 2 up ATV if it will fit in the back of my truck. Although if I can’t drive the truck and trailer She won’t do it so that will be a problem.our camping is going to be limited also.

We are not ready to sell yet but probably soon. I wouldn’t mind selling the consecutive serial number pair together but will split them. They are fully farmed with kick starters etc. slightly different seats and spare parts. Most of the details are in my signature.

We did want to go to Moab again so we’ll see if we can show up some how. Maybe one of my kids can drive us. I need to ride something that doesn’t tip over easily. A side by side would be nice but no way to tow at this point as the bikes fit in the back of my truck.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Dirt bike riders have a strong ability to adapt to situations that most people don't
This is a recent happening I assume. In time I bet you come up with something that satisfies the fun of your adventure list. May not be easy or what you first thought you wanted or it may be better. I know,easy to say, harder to figure out.
But sometimes someone pointing out the obvious can help focus on the task at hand

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I am in good spirits. Other than the Eye and vision being bad the alternative is worse.Ithink I may be still avble to sail my boat just not at night unless I have help. This changes our travel plans by truck and trailer so we’ll see where we go next.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thank goodness you have other avenues for enjoyment! I hope that "no chance" is a worst case prognosis, and that some level of recovery will present itself.

I hope you'll stick around here, if possible... I've enjoyed your insights over the past couple of years.

Cheers! :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
277 Posts
so sorry to hear Tweaker. Your positive attitude is truly inspiring, would be tough for me in a similar situation to look at the brite side. Was great to meet you guys on the Swell ride, hope to see you in Moab. I will be wintering down south, if I can help with transportation northwards toward Moab, don't hesitate

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
Oh no!
Words fail me for you and Susan are some of the nicest people to ever swing a leg over a TW. :(
It has been an honor riding with you. Going to miss the after ride visits.

This was from last year's Sweetwater Group Ride. Good times with good people, good memories for sure.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Sorry Tweaker. I know I’ve seen Ranger RZRs in the back of full size pickups. I hope you find a way to enjoy riding somehow.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My wife isn’t going to drive and tow anything. So that limits our options unless I am able to drive, I am going to see the ophthalmologist Tomorrow. If somehow the vision in my old bad eye improves I may be able to drive in daytime.

Anyway we’ll be around. Love you guys and the best forum on the internet.

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
Never say Never. Perhaps the opthamologist can offer hope or helpfull referrals. If you have to redefine yourself in search of quality of life then so be it. Do more sailing, there are fewer things to run into offshore for the seeing impaired. Sending heartfelt wishes.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Jeez, sorry to hear that Tweaker. I agree with Fred...Never say never. I'm here hoping your luck turns and it all works out. Happy Trails, my friend!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'd love to sail. What kind of sail boat is it?
A friend took me on his 21 ft sail boat. I thought I'd be bored .I was very wrong. Nothing like getting pulled along by the wind as both sails are full and the boat is tacked so fat over the rails are just about in the water. I loved it

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Max we have a 30’ Catalina my dad bought new in 86. I have a couple of boat partners to split expense. I love sailing a sharing my love and skills with anybody. My captains license is now dead so no more work. There’s nothing I like better than teaching someone how to sail. I’ve probably taught a hundred people to sail. That was a pretty good description of sailing you gave.

Thanks you guys for all the encouragement.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts