TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang: Just got this word from Jim Grimm, that one of our members... was involved in a nasty MC Accident yesterday in Kentucky and Air Care Flight to Cincinnati....not good..."Bags" {The Guy with the Big Bone Lick State Park Icon}....is in bad shape. Just talked with him on Saturday and he was still planning on going to Big Bend with us in October....this is piled on a rough year for Bags...losing his dad, mom, other issues and now this:

Please pray for Jesse Patrick Battaglia, he got in a bad bike wreck. He broke his leg, back and ribs and is going into surgery today. He was life flighted to UC Med Center in Cincinnati.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
87bags is his Forum ID...

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Sending prayers for a successful operations and recoveries for both Jim Grimm and Jesse Battaglia.
Pat, please keep us posted of any updates.
And wishing us all safe rides for the future...nothing like an accident to remind me of inherent hazards of the sport and lifestyle we love.

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
Thanks Hoot for letting us know.

Dear Lord Jesus, we ask you right now to be with our friend Bags, touch him and heal him.

For the Glory of God,

Amen.

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
Hope you all don't mind, but I took the liberty of sending a get well card and some flowers on behalf of the forum to encourage him.

You know how it goes, sometimes just knowing someone out there cares can make a huge difference.

I"m sure he would be touched by any cards or notes that anyone else wants to send.

Here's his info and the message we sent him.

Delivery Date:
06/20/2017Delivery To:
Mr. Jesse Battaglia & fam
UC Med Center
234 Goodman St
Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45219

Enclosed Card (Get Well):
Hey Brother Baggs, We're all praying for you here at the TW200 Forum. You have many friends here that love you dearly bro!! Get Well Soon and May God Bless!!
SIGNED: Your Friends at the TW200Forum

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
Remember, you can always PM him and he'll get those later when he's feeling better. ;)

Click Here: 87bags :icon_thumbright:

:nike:

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
**Update**

Via Jim Grimm....

Bags was on his KLR, not his TW, when he was cut off by a truck and driven into a Guardrail, according to Bags, he was thrown quite a distance and just missed crashing into the tree as he was thrown....he is awaiting surgery at this time:

The KLR is totaled...

Bags 1.jpg Bags 2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
Wow

To see that he blew out the guard rail really says something... a car, yes. A bike? sheeeeeeet this is a bad one...

Please pray for him brothers and sisters!!!

**Update**

Via Jim Grimm....

Bags was on his KLR, not his TW, when he was cut off by a truck and driven into a Guardrail, according to Bags, he was thrown quite a distance and just missed crashing into the tree as he was thrown....he is awaiting surgery at this time:

The KLR is totaled...

View attachment 110937 View attachment 110945

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks Hoot for letting us know.

Dear Lord Jesus, we ask you right now to be with our friend Bags, touch him and heal him.

For the Glory of God,

Amen.
Amen!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I can relate, having been lifeflighted from a horendous accident myself 20 years back. Wishing the best for our fellow rider! Thanks to Hoot for letting us know and Thanks to Tommy for sending the well wishes on our collective behalf.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Thanks Tommy for sending the flowers. I talked to Jesse this morning he doesn't remember much about the wreck other then he was probably going around 55 when a red pickup truck maneuvered around him. He wasn't able to piece it all together this morning. Kinda strange how our brain erases events.

Get Well soon Brother.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts